Thoughts on Final Three

Thoughts on Final Three

Postby Sophie » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:55:03 pm

Alright, so tomorrow I believe we will all (hopefully all of us *glares at Whitney*) will be there to address the jury for a final time and to see who we are going to vote for. I figure we can use this thread for the remained of today and tomorrow to discuss the pros and cons of each person out there, and maybe try and see what we want to ask them. This isn't meant to try and be a "Unified Jury" thing where we are all voting together, but I figure that if people would like to share their input on other peoples' games than we can.

So we have:

David
Stephanie
Mike
Sophie
Alumni

Re: Thoughts on Final Three

Postby Ashley » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:30:38 pm

I'll get the ball rolling! I am really interested to hear what people have to say, especially the Ovambos who know more about these players. I know fuck all about them before midway into the merge.

David - what a total sweetheart doing that for me <3 but his game was unremarkable in that he didn't make any really big moves (or any that were successful anyway)

Stephanie - HII goddess, busted her ass in challenges

Mike - was a challenge god, but was an asshole in F4 so he can fuck off. Call me bitter, but what he did was fucked up.

INPUT!

Especially on Mike and Stephanie, please :)
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Sophie » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:38:23 pm

David - I actually left a pre-vote for him, but that doesn't matter anymore since i will be showing up. In my opinion, he started as a very in-the-shadow figure and has really shown that he can do things. I mean he tried to flip on Mike, he did flip on Kristina to avoid going to rocks, he was very active in challenges and responded very quickly.

Stephanie - Found two idols, I think she was a huge challenge threat towards the end. She was very fake in messages I think, and that is something I feel may make me end up not voting for her at all. She was better at challenges than Mike, better socially than Mike, and better strategically than Mike though so at this point I do think she has played a least a second-place game.

Mike - Ugh, I would love input on what makes him much more special since I don't know at all.

Those are my quick thoughts!
Sophie
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:55:21 pm

I half want to vote for David for his F4 vote <3 I need to know more about Steph and Mike, to be honest. Mike will need some huge-ass mega-skills plans if I'm voting for him though (not likely). Kristina, Grant and Julie should be especially helpful.
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Sophie » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:34:09 am

I think what turns me off from Mike is just how horrible he is at messaging. It started alright but he shows no enthusiasm when he messages people. I kind of feel bad for him because it's so pathetic, but at the same time it's just annoying to see him make it in the final three with David and Steph who were much better at playing an all-around game.
Sophie
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:46:07 am

Mike was pretty straight-forward with me near the end in messages which I appreciated. But that sour one he sent to me at F4 (I wish I could show it to you guys) wasn't his best, I'll say that much.

Overall I do like Mike, and we had a nice conversation after I'd recovered from my episode, but I just am having trouble getting past it in terms of how the game was played. I think it was disrespectful and rude of him.

It's getting down to the wire and I really would like to hear from the Ovambos about Stephanie :( I want to know if she's as good as I think, or if I just don't know the whole story. Mike told me he was annoyed that Steph got those immunity idols because she was just kind of there amongst the Ovambo group while everyone else did the work.

?
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Sophie » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:57:31 am

And just a reminder to the many inactive jurors we have, TRY to show up tonight since it's the end. It would suck if we didn't have any speeches ready from like four people.
Sophie
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:24:19 am

My speech, I've decided, is just going to be stuff from my confessionals so they know what headspace I'm in asking the questions I'm asking. The questions are really specific to me, so if they don't help anyone else out, sorry guys, but I'm in a weird position of (as big-headed as it is) feeling like I played a better game than all 3 of them, so making the choice isn't as easy as I would like it to be. :)

If it helps anyone else, awesome. :)

But please don't be mad when I come off sounding like an arrogant bitch <3 It's kind of the point with the questions I want answered.
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Sophie » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:30:09 am

Mine will have GIFs, a trashing of Mike, and some arrogance as well. It's the jury speech, not brunch :)
Sophie
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:16:50 pm

Sophie I can't wait for yours <3

Mine is themed ^_^
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Ralph » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:02:45 pm

For a small thing form an ovambo.

David said shit all to me the whole time i was there.
Maybe one or two things?

he seemed like a nice enough guy but i don't have enough input to say anything for him.

Mike Alot like david didn't say much to me other than I'M GOING TO STRAIGHT UP ASK YOU WHO YOUR VOTING FOR AND HOPE YOU DONT LIE

and Steph just checked in with me and was all perky and la de la de la.
If you want better input on anyone ask any of the ovambo. I think i was on the ropes from the start.
Ralph
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:07:21 pm

yeah i don't know why the fuck people on Ponderosa have been so tight-lipped this last few days.

This is the place people bitch about everyone and talk everything out. Last few days fail.
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Ralph » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:22:54 pm

Yea on that tpoic of bitching I'd like to say that I love both you and spoh <3
Just half the fun of ponderosa is bitching about people who are ( or were ) still in the game
Ralph
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:24:47 pm

I've taken on the person of huge-fucking-bitch in my jury speech :) so enjoy that <3

the only person I don't talk shit about it David - for obvious reasons. Gotta make tonight interesting. If I'm not in F3 I'm gonna make them work hard. :P
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:29:09 pm

persona*
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Ralph » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:34:33 pm

I like your style.
mines short as balls
I've never been good with words ( as you can probably guess )
so i made mine a short little one
Ralph
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:51:29 pm

aww <3

I pretty much just talk shit about everyone in mine. It's not SUPER long - it's got quite a few gifs in it. Only takes a couple of minutes to read.

I've just finished VERSION 4.

lol hopefully this is my Final version.
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Grant » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:15:48 pm

Well, it's tough because all three of them were relatively UTR especially post-merge, at least until I went home and as we all know, I can only see what happens at TC after that.

Steph came up huge with the idol and immunity wins. She was also willing to go to rocks for the rest of her team and them for her, so if you guys are pushing how special you were to each other, these 3 had that for each other. Steph was a challenge beast pre-merge and I think she took a backseat to me and Kristina, in both challenges and strategy, post-merge until we either got knocked out/knocked each other out and that's when she'd step up and start making plays and that's what it looks like she did. There was no big move for anyone, so it's hard to give any of these 3 credit. There was one big move in the game and that was getting me out and none of the 3 were involved in that. No one really came through on getting someone to flip. I think she has some good points she can make and I'm anxious to hear her present her case.

Mike was voted the least trustworthy in Ovambo because he came in late and was going to go home if we lost that last pre-merge challenge until he and I did some selling of some other options. Post-merge he got all the votes immediately so despite being on the bottom, that probably solidified him as tight with Ovambo incl. Ralph Julie and Kristina. He also was the one who put together the alliance of 4 between me, him, Steph and David. I think that deserves props as a solid game move when there aren't a lot of obvious game moves to name. That's why I think they will have to argue their plays tonight because it's really anyone's game. I was probably Mike's biggest ally, he always told me his plan and while they never really came to fruition, he definitely had some good, reasonable game moves in his sights. I'm looking forward to his argument.

Like Mike, I think I was probably Davids biggest ally up until I went home. He'd tell me his plans and vice versa and he had some good plans that, like Mike, never really saw any daylight. It's tough for me to argue on anyone's behalf because I don't know exactly what they were thinking, only what they told me. They both had game moves they wanted to make, just didn't have the opportunity I guess (while I was in the game). I don't know much after I left and won't begin to speculate. I defended his "flip" on Kristina and l think he had a lot of posturing for jury votes and it's obviously working. David was always shrewd in his decision making and at times had me thinking "wtf?", so I'm curious to see what he'll have to say.

That's just from my POV, so I don't know if that is helpful at all. I want to hear what they have to say for themselves because clearly not many, if any, of you spent a significant amount of time talking to them, specifically game with them. I think all three used me as a shield for as long as possible, and Kristina to a lesser degree as well but we both got knocked out back to back pretty early, and after that I don't know. They stuck together but I'm sure that was parts of being in an alliance together and parts convenience/necessity. If you're all going to base your votes on things that happened in the very last immunity challenge and tribal council, I have nothing to add.
Grant
Alumni

Postby Sophie » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:19:32 pm

Grant wrote:Well, it's tough because all three of them were relatively UTR especially post-merge, at least until I went home and as we all know, I can only see what happens at TC after that.

Steph came up huge with the idol and immunity wins. She was also willing to go to rocks for the rest of her team and them for her, so if you guys are pushing how special you were to each other, these 3 had that for each other. Steph was a challenge beast pre-merge and I think she took a backseat to me and Kristina, in both challenges and strategy, post-merge until we either got knocked out/knocked each other out and that's when she'd step up and start making plays and that's what it looks like she did. There was no big move for anyone, so it's hard to give any of these 3 credit. There was one big move in the game and that was getting me out and none of the 3 were involved in that. No one really came through on getting someone to flip. I think she has some good points she can make and I'm anxious to hear her present her case.

Mike was voted the least trustworthy in Ovambo because he came in late and was going to go home if we lost that last pre-merge challenge until he and I did some selling of some other options. Post-merge he got all the votes immediately so despite being on the bottom, that probably solidified him as tight with Ovambo incl. Ralph Julie and Kristina. He also was the one who put together the alliance of 4 between me, him, Steph and David. I think that deserves props as a solid game move when there aren't a lot of obvious game moves to name. That's why I think they will have to argue their plays tonight because it's really anyone's game. I was probably Mike's biggest ally, he always told me his plan and while they never really came to fruition, he definitely had some good, reasonable game moves in his sights. I'm looking forward to his argument.

Like Mike, I think I was probably Davids biggest ally up until I went home. He'd tell me his plans and vice versa and he had some good plans that, like Mike, never really saw any daylight. It's tough for me to argue on anyone's behalf because I don't know exactly what they were thinking, only what they told me. They both had game moves they wanted to make, just didn't have the opportunity I guess (while I was in the game). I don't know much after I left and won't begin to speculate. I defended his "flip" on Kristina and l think he had a lot of posturing for jury votes and it's obviously working. David was always shrewd in his decision making and at times had me thinking "wtf?", so I'm curious to see what he'll have to say.

That's just from my POV, so I don't know if that is helpful at all. I want to hear what they have to say for themselves because clearly not many, if any, of you spent a significant amount of time talking to them, specifically game with them. I think all three used me as a shield for as long as possible, and Kristina to a lesser degree as well but we both got knocked out back to back pretty early, and after that I don't know. They stuck together but I'm sure that was parts of being in an alliance together and parts convenience/necessity. If you're all going to base your votes on things that happened in the very last immunity challenge and tribal council, I have nothing to add.

That's actually extremely helpful, thanks Grant!

Maybe if Mike can pitch it he could have a chance at my vote, but I have to be honest and say that I just see him as a major goat for Stephanie and David. There is a reason that nobody ever really wanted to vote for him. It's because it felt like a waste of a vote. In the first vote of the merge we did it to make sure that nobody with an idol would play it since nobody would be stupid enough to play it on him, and he sure as hell didn't have an idol. The other vote was just because Stephanie had immunity and David was someone we wanted to vote with us.
Sophie
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:25:09 pm

Thanks Grant :)

I decided in mine that I don't give a fuck about any of their work pre-merge. Ovambo never lost a challenge and never had to vote out one of their own so that entire period is "woulda coulda shoulda" bullshit. Post-merge, from what I saw, none of them did much of anything. Mike and David tried to flip but I made that fail by flipping myself. Mike was decent for a few challenges which was actually a huge bloody pain in the ass. Steph was idol goddess and credit to her she busted ass in that last challenge. David, well is David.

What makes this so tough for me is that 100% only Steph would be in F3 if Whitney had voted with us. Mike would be sitting on Ponderosa. David would be sitting on Ponderosa. That's just a fact. Steph had the idols to get her through a couple of those votes as well so it's just like.... are fucking kidding me? We've got 2 people in there by PURE luck, and one person in there because of idols and end-game challenge wins.

It's so retarded.

Hence me being a huge bitch in my speech. They're going to have to prove why I should vote for them, because right now they all look pretty eh.
Ashley
Alumni

Next

Return to Ponderosa