Welcome, Sophie!

Welcome, Sophie!

Postby Jeff Probst » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:11:43 pm

Hopefully Grant won't be such a bitter bitch about it! Welcome!
Jeff Probst

Re: Welcome, Sophie!

Postby Sophie » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:14:07 pm

Yeah no kidding, jesus christ that was annoying. We beat you in the game grant, and I'm sorry that it hurt so bad to be outlasted by a bitch like me but I did it. I am proud of my game, and if I lost in the finals oh well. I am proud of my game and I made enough moves to back that up.

Some of the best game-playing I have done I believe, and some of the best 26 days on the internet that I have had :)
Sophie
Alumni

Postby Jeff Probst » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:15:21 pm

Sophie wrote:Yeah no kidding, jesus christ that was annoying. We beat you in the game grant, and I'm sorry that it hurt so bad to be outlasted by a bitch like me but I did it. I am proud of my game, and if I lost in the finals oh well. I am proud of my game and I made enough moves to back that up.

Some of the best game-playing I have done I believe, and some of the best 26 days on the internet that I have had :)

I normally stay out of the jury house for obvious reasons, but... girl deserves some props.
Jeff Probst

Postby Grant » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:15:50 pm

GG Sophie!

Sorry about the badgering faces, I feel like you gave a healthy dose of bullshit and I was afraid one of my guys was going to buy into it (it wouldn't be the first time).

You played a really good game and you have a lot of reading to do already here in Ponderosa to get caught up. No hard feelings on my end. I was a fan of your game moves, not so much the mouth attached to them.

Jeff Probst wrote:Hopefully Grant won't be such a bitter bitch about it! Welcome!

lol.
Grant
Alumni

Postby Cochran » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:17:30 pm

Sophie wrote:Yeah no kidding, jesus christ that was annoying. We beat you in the game grant, and I'm sorry that it hurt so bad to be outlasted by a bitch like me but I did it. I am proud of my game, and if I lost in the finals oh well. I am proud of my game and I made enough moves to back that up.

You sure did a hell of a lot and it sucks you didn't end up in the finals, figured you'd pull something out of your ass and you'd end up there.

Not sure if i would have voted for you though.... but then again I really don't know who I'd vote for so.

But anyway good job icon_biggrin
Cochran
Alumni

Postby Sophie » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:17:32 pm

Grant wrote:GG Sophie!

Sorry about the badgering faces, I feel like you gave a healthy dose of bullshit and I was afraid one of my guys was going to buy into it (it wouldn't be the first time).

You played a really good game and you have a lot of reading to do already here in Ponderosa to get caught up. No hard feelings on my end. I was a fan of your game moves, not so much the mouth attached to them.

Jeff Probst wrote:Hopefully Grant won't be such a bitter bitch about it! Welcome!

lol.

Part of my plan to come in here was to just have fun. I didn't want to be a game bot like Mike and Ashley and have no personality. I wanted to be like Sophie. Loud, Abbrasive, and blessed with a mouth like a sailor. Did I accomplish that? Well i certainly accomplished the fun part.

I just had a blast getting to meet everyone. When Ashley came in nobody wanted to work with her, but I knew that I could at least guide her to make the moves that I wanted her to make, and it worked out extremely well.
Sophie
Alumni

Postby Grant » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:25:12 pm

I think you will be surprised to see how much game Ashley was actually dishing, or maybe you won't. I aligned with her immediately after the tribe swap and was willing to work with her throughout the game. She had me completely duped as to what my relationship with her was (gamewise or otherwise).

You played a good game, don't get me wrong I respect your game 100%. You got me out, great job. You outlasted me and many many other people, awesome job on that.

I just wasn't a fan of the talk. That's all. If I was mad about you getting me out, I'd be mad at Julie and Whitney as well, wouldn't I? :)
Grant
Alumni

Postby Sophie » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:28:51 pm

Grant wrote:I think you will be surprised to see how much game Ashley was actually dishing, or maybe you won't. I aligned with her immediately after the tribe swap and was willing to work with her throughout the game. She had me completely duped as to what my relationship with her was (gamewise or otherwise).

You played a good game, don't get me wrong I respect your game 100%. You got me out, great job. You outlasted me and many many other people, awesome job on that.

I just wasn't a fan of the talk. That's all. If I was mad about you getting me out, I'd be mad at Julie and Whitney as well, wouldn't I? :)

Ashley definitely has game. She would ask my opinion and I would tell her who to get information from, and I did the same but it was much easier to work with her than Papa Bear and so that's why it worked out so well. I knew she allied with you since she told me about it lol, and I knew she played both sides because you guys would have never trusted me whereas you WOULD be stupid enough to think she was on your side. It worked out perfectly, and she was a great messenger and social player which is why she will get my vote in the end.

I have no option but to realize you are bitter that I got you out lol. You first try and say I had no sway in it and that it was Ashley's idea….which clearly made no sense since you were one of the information sources we had and were capable of extracting from. My talk was just fun, and it is much better than being a game bot. The only person in there that has an actual personality is Ashley, and I hope she gets to the end.

Although, I hate that she hasn't been here the whole time. It was easy to set up tent with a semi-inactive tribe and so it's upsetting to see a player get to the end with not the full experience in the game.
Sophie
Alumni

Postby Grant » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:51:52 pm

Again, I give all four of you props. I'm honestly perfectly ok with when I went out now. I was a little butthurt that people lied to me but that's the name of the game. I got over it. I'm honestly not bitter. I was in an alliance with Mike/Steph/David since like Day #5, the four of us. I'm "living" the game vicariously through the three of them, because that is who I am rooting for. I'd like to see my alliance succeed. I also think Ashley played a very good game, but from what you're telling me, it was you and not her who played such a good game?? What voting me out early did for me was it made me not have to make any tough decisions. I didn't have to turn on anyone. I didn't have to bother with HIIs and I didn't have to bother with immunity challenges such as the most recent one that I still don't understand how it works. Believe me, I'm not bitter and I'm relieved to be out of the game seeing what you guys are doing now. I'd like to be in the game, of course, but I don't envy you guys. I was playing the game hard, I guess you could say, so it was relieving to be able to turn that off. I told you before I wasn't going to be a bitter juror, I didn't plan to at any point except for maybe the day after I got voted out but I assure you if you made it to the end and presented a case, I would have been completely open to voting for you. I've presented your case to win and how the Ovambo-3 need to get you out because you will the win.

I keep saying your game was all talk. I think you are misinterpreting that as saying you played a good game but I think you did not. That is not what I mean. You (and Ashley) clearly had Julie and Whitney wrapped around your finger(s). I honestly believed you had David at least twice. You were making valid points, the only problem was they, in more cases than not, were either irrelevant or just wrong. I do admit I thought it was all Ashley and less you, I even put that into writing here somewhere. If I'm wrong, I apologize for not giving you proper credit. When all is said and done, if you were a machine on the social game, I will once again apologize for not giving you your due credit, I just didn't see it.
Grant
Alumni

Postby Julie » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:38:22 am

Sophie <3 glad I could help you girly ^_^
Julie
Alumni

Postby Sophie » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:03:06 am

Grant wrote:Again, I give all four of you props. I'm honestly perfectly ok with when I went out now. I was a little butthurt that people lied to me but that's the name of the game. I got over it. I'm honestly not bitter. I was in an alliance with Mike/Steph/David since like Day #5, the four of us. I'm "living" the game vicariously through the three of them, because that is who I am rooting for. I'd like to see my alliance succeed. I also think Ashley played a very good game, but from what you're telling me, it was you and not her who played such a good game?? What voting me out early did for me was it made me not have to make any tough decisions. I didn't have to turn on anyone. I didn't have to bother with HIIs and I didn't have to bother with immunity challenges such as the most recent one that I still don't understand how it works. Believe me, I'm not bitter and I'm relieved to be out of the game seeing what you guys are doing now. I'd like to be in the game, of course, but I don't envy you guys. I was playing the game hard, I guess you could say, so it was relieving to be able to turn that off. I told you before I wasn't going to be a bitter juror, I didn't plan to at any point except for maybe the day after I got voted out but I assure you if you made it to the end and presented a case, I would have been completely open to voting for you. I've presented your case to win and how the Ovambo-3 need to get you out because you will the win.

I keep saying your game was all talk. I think you are misinterpreting that as saying you played a good game but I think you did not. That is not what I mean. You (and Ashley) clearly had Julie and Whitney wrapped around your finger(s). I honestly believed you had David at least twice. You were making valid points, the only problem was they, in more cases than not, were either irrelevant or just wrong. I do admit I thought it was all Ashley and less you, I even put that into writing here somewhere. If I'm wrong, I apologize for not giving you proper credit. When all is said and done, if you were a machine on the social game, I will once again apologize for not giving you your due credit, I just didn't see it.

I understand that you are rooting for your alliance a lot, but I think what is so bothersome is that you are doing it so blindly and clearly are not presented by much facts about how much those three have done in the game. For example, Mike. Mike has literally done nothing to set himself apart from the other two. Stephanie has carried him along to this point, and she'll continue to do so if she wins this immunity challenge.

Don't get me wrong, Ashley IS playing a good game and I was not saying at all that she played a lesser game than me. She is in the final four for christ sake, but I will say that the move to get both you out and Kristina out came from my idea. I started talking to you on Day Four when I came over to the Ovambo Tribe as the mole. The second you responded I knew I hated your guts and was going to make it my personal mission to get rid of you in this game before I went out. You were too over-dramatic and you analyzed things way too much. You had no personality or flair which makes you fun, and so right away I had no intention to ever REALLY work with you in the game.

Lol, well that's what playing a game is all about Grant. Turning on each other, voting each other out, and hidden immunity idols. "What do you think this is, Brunch?" (-Jeff Probst) Honestly you definitely wish you were still in the game, and I understand why you would want to cover it up and have no problem with that at all. I'm relieved that I made it this far, but of course I am upset I couldn't get just one spot further! I think that I would not have won against Ashley because of you Grant, and that is only because of what you spout here. But I'll get to that later in here.

I'd like to address that "all talk" issue again, because I am sure that even the hosts are laughing at this. DAY THREE, I was given the challenge of having to lie to my entire team about my REAL identity in the game. If I had told them who i was early on, they admitted that they would have gotten rid of me. Not only did I bust my ass in challenges and show up to every event since the start of this game, but I continued to make strategic alliances with people such as Papa Bear and Cochran who I knew were looking for someone to work with as well.

After about a week in this game I get rid of Semhar and for the first time turn my back on an ally. I pitched the idea to Papa Bear after he said he was upset that she didn't compete in many challenges to get rid of her now, and I wanted to get her out because Whitney was much more controllable and getting rid of Ashley was off the table. In a 5-1 vote, Semhar went home and the rest was a stepping stone to how I got to the final five. All Talk? That's called all game.

I made a true mission to make sure I talked to people about things outside the game, because people forget that this IS just a game. I likedtalking about stupid things like Survivor and Game of Thrones when I got too tired of typing away the same repetitive messages to different people. The first person I really connected to personally out here was Cochran because he didn't MIND talking about things outside of the game. Even in team challenges I was communicating with your team and making stupid comments that had no affect on the game. I don't play like you Grant, I can't be a game-bot and just be a solemn bitch the entire length of the game.

Tribal council #4 of the merge. I know that I am going to be getting votes and maybe enough to send me home because Mike was stupid enough to send me something saying that I would need that immunity idol or something idiotic like that. I had to decide whether to be selfish and use it on myself or actually show where my true loyalties in this game were. NOBODY else in the merge or in the pre-merge played an idol on someone else, and so I urge you to look at that move and tell me it was all-talk. Did it matter that I play it? Absolutely not, and I am not saying it did. But I think to say that move was all talk is the biggest load of horse shit you've spewed in your entire short game that you played.

Please answer me this Grant. How would you know the points were wrong if you were sitting here in the losers section of the game? You have been out of the game for EIGHT days and were not there when we were and not strategizing at all with us. You have no idea the deals that went down, and why people turned on other people to get farther in the game. And that is what is so funny about this situation. I like that you are being so active in here, but you are showing something that is very common in middle-aged women on the jury….Bitter Bitch Syndrome. I suggest that you look at who really outplayed you in this game, and then look at who merely outlasted you.
Sophie
Alumni

Postby Whitney » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:03:08 pm

uggggh i hate myself. ..i ruined everything I'm so freaking sorry I'm the absolute worst Sophie i wanted you to win over myself. ..Please punch me in the face
Whitney
Alumni

Postby Sophie » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:15:35 pm

Whitney <3 Still love you. I just wish you would have cared enough to have at least logged in and placed a simple vote!

The only thing I am bitter about is David's performance at the tribal council and that he kept pretending like he was going to go for Mike. Grant, I know you have a huge man-boner for those Man-Goats but that was just absurd. There is no reason to make a tribal council a performance or a music, just be honest and not try and rub salt in the wound of the person you are voting out right?

And omg that idol clue….my first guess was "themole" and I never changed it to Mole….
Sophie
Alumni

Postby Grant » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:20:40 pm

Sophie wrote:I understand that you are rooting for your alliance a lot, but I think what is so bothersome is that you are doing it so blindly and clearly are not presented by much facts about how much those three have done in the game. For example, Mike. Mike has literally done nothing to set himself apart from the other two. Stephanie has carried him along to this point, and she'll continue to do so if she wins this immunity challenge.

I do agree with this. The three of them were somewhat indistinguishable from each other as of a few votes ago, that's why I've been saying they need to take each other to the end. Stephanie has come out with some clutch immunity wins and idol finds. I've said all along she's the biggest threat to win the game. I do think Stephanie is playing better than the two Ovambo boys, and is probably the best player of the entire season. She has played very, very well.

Sophie wrote:Don't get me wrong, Ashley IS playing a good game and I was not saying at all that she played a lesser game than me. She is in the final four for christ sake, but I will say that the move to get both you out and Kristina out came from my idea. I started talking to you on Day Four when I came over to the Ovambo Tribe as the mole. The second you responded I knew I hated your guts and was going to make it my personal mission to get rid of you in this game before I went out. You were too over-dramatic and you analyzed things way too much. You had no personality or flair which makes you fun, and so right away I had no intention to ever REALLY work with you in the game.

YOU calling me over-dramatic? huh, that's a good one. I am however a very big fan of this game, as I'm sure we all are. I didn't want to fall for any classic traps (though I probably/definitely did a few times), so I'd analyze analyze analyze. If it was your idea to get me out, despite Ashley saying "it was my idea" in TC, then sure, I apologize for not giving you your due props. JP asked me in the TC I went home or the one prior to that one, something along the lines of "is making the moves enough or is there more to it than just that?", on the jury, all we/I have is what you all say. I enjoy the analyzing things part. I enjoy that aspect of the game. I enjoyed picking apart what people say to me and figure out what they actually meant and what they actually intended to do. It was like a season-long puzzle. I admit I was wrong more often than I was right, I am sure of that. I however am not going around telling others that they are undoubtedly incorrect because I was decidedly more correct because I am infallible.

Sophie wrote:Lol, well that's what playing a game is all about Grant. Turning on each other, voting each other out, and hidden immunity idols. "What do you think this is, Brunch?" (-Jeff Probst) Honestly you definitely wish you were still in the game, and I understand why you would want to cover it up and have no problem with that at all. I'm relieved that I made it this far, but of course I am upset I couldn't get just one spot further! I think that I would not have won against Ashley because of you Grant, and that is only because of what you spout here. But I'll get to that later in here.

Right, yeah, I understand that. What I meant by that wasn't "I DIDN'T HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME", what I meant was, I went out shortly after being voted the most honest person in the game as you probably correctly assessed was not the case. But I didn't have to turn on anyone, granted - the 3 people I would've felt bad turning on are still in the game, having yet to turn on each other. I can walk out of this game being like "hey I was the loyal honest one :)", even if it wasn't exactly true. I admit I never like watching the loyal, honest ones but it certainly is not a bad thing to be able to say about yourself, right?

I think I answered to this next one here or in another thread already. You continue to say you were being nothing but honest, how you made it a point to be honest, but then you'd spew grade-A bullshit during TC. Either you were completely misguided in your arguments, or you were bullshitting. But, just to add, I'm sure I'm guilty of being "all talk" as well. I'm probably the one who had the largest amount of "all talk" out of anyone. I thought I had alliances and relationships and ideas/plans to back it up, but the more I learn about the game, the more wrong I was. But anyway, being the mole was tough, I'm sure. I think I would've enjoyed being the mole, and I think I would have intended to keep it quiet for as long as possible / not tell anyone about it. I however didn't want to be most trusted which I assume is how it was given out. Steph, David, Mike and Ashley 1.0 all put each other (well, me for them and them for me I believe) all in the middle of the pack to ensure we don't get any kind of advantage/target, but you know, hindsight, 20/20.

Sophie wrote:After about a week in this game I get rid of Semhar and for the first time turn my back on an ally. I pitched the idea to Papa Bear after he said he was upset that she didn't compete in many challenges to get rid of her now, and I wanted to get her out because Whitney was much more controllable and getting rid of Ashley was off the table. In a 5-1 vote, Semhar went home and the rest was a stepping stone to how I got to the final five. All Talk? That's called all game.

lol'd. There's a thing called "correlation does not imply causation". If you'd like to read more about it, here is the wiki page all about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlatio ... _causation

Sophie wrote:I made a true mission to make sure I talked to people about things outside the game, because people forget that this IS just a game. I likedtalking about stupid things like Survivor and Game of Thrones when I got too tired of typing away the same repetitive messages to different people. The first person I really connected to personally out here was Cochran because he didn't MIND talking about things outside of the game. Even in team challenges I was communicating with your team and making stupid comments that had no affect on the game. I don't play like you Grant, I can't be a game-bot and just be a solemn bitch the entire length of the game.

Why is being a game-bot such a bad thing? We are, after all, playing a game. Just because someone is not playing the exact same game as you or is not laying down and letting you stomp all over them and use them as a stepping stone does not mean they are not playing a good game. Just because they were unwilling to flip to your side does not mean they are not playing a good game.

Sophie wrote:Tribal council #4 of the merge. I know that I am going to be getting votes and maybe enough to send me home because Mike was stupid enough to send me something saying that I would need that immunity idol or something idiotic like that. I had to decide whether to be selfish and use it on myself or actually show where my true loyalties in this game were. NOBODY else in the merge or in the pre-merge played an idol on someone else, and so I urge you to look at that move and tell me it was all-talk. Did it matter that I play it? Absolutely not, and I am not saying it did. But I think to say that move was all talk is the biggest load of horse shit you've spewed in your entire short game that you played.

I love how you guys continually rail on us for being stupid, or making stupid moves. It's like you're trying to compensate and make yourselves feel better that you were playing with idiots so that if you did have the numbers post-merge, you would've run the game. It's kind of funny. I also enjoy how you think you had such a great grasp on the game and how you believe each move everyone made was a stepping stone that you, personally, placed and masterminded.

Sophie wrote:Please answer me this Grant. How would you know the points were wrong if you were sitting here in the losers section of the game? You have been out of the game for EIGHT days and were not there when we were and not strategizing at all with us. You have no idea the deals that went down, and why people turned on other people to get farther in the game. And that is what is so funny about this situation. I like that you are being so active in here, but you are showing something that is very common in middle-aged women on the jury….Bitter Bitch Syndrome. I suggest that you look at who really outplayed you in this game, and then look at who merely outlasted you.

Sure, I don't know the full of it and I've stated that in every message. That being said, telling Julie you're afraid of her beating you when you told me a few votes prior that you hate that inactive people are still in the game (post-swap, pre-merge). Then you rally them up and form a coop, and then you get all cocky that you are at the top, then one of your numbers doesn't come through and it wasn't your fault that you chose inactive teammates for your handpicked team because you are a mastermind.

What I do however know is that myself, Stephanie, Mike and David were in an alliance together. Every other Ovambo in the game has been taken out, including me, yet they have remained together and yet to flip on each other. You shit all over David's flip but you probably didn't stop to consider why he would do that, or what he was thinking because he is just an idiot and a goat. Kristina was not included in that alliance, why would he care about voting someone out who listed him as the third person to go after Whitney and Julie?

I still don't believe you outplayed me and I still think you are taking credit away from Ashley for that "brilliant move" you thought of that I outlined in a group message between myself/Ashley/Kristina/Stephanie that we need to be wary of. I hope we can see messages post-game so you can see just how predictable "your" cutting-edge move was. Ashley duped me. She had me completely fooled. She outfoxed me. Ashley outplayed me. Julie had me fooled. I thought I had Julie on my side. I did not. Julie outplayed me. You outlasted me. They outplayed me.

Also, if it makes you feel better to think I am bitter, by all means continue to feel that way. After all it was your goal to get me out and I am sure helps you sleep at night to be wrong and keep your self-inflated ego in tact than to feel otherwise. The game is over, I honestly do not care about how you feel about me or what you think about me. I am however interested in your side of things. I'm interested in the different aspects and POVs of this game. I think you are wrong, you think that means I'm being bitter against you. Why single yourself out when 4 people made the move on me? Why are YOU the only one you say I am bitter against? Keep in mind you were only 1 of 18 people to play this game, you were not the featured player and still aren't.

Sophie wrote:The only thing I am bitter about is David's performance at the tribal council and that he kept pretending like he was going to go for Mike. Grant, I know you have a huge man-boner for those Man-Goats but that was just absurd. There is no reason to make a tribal council a performance or a music, just be honest and not try and rub salt in the wound of the person you are voting out right?

Is this serious? You guys shit all over David and then vote for him, but then when it's happening to you it's a problem. Please get over yourself. Your game is now over. You can settle it down, calm down and return to being one of the several of us who lost the game. You lost, I lost, we lost.

I find it incredibly interesting that you think David and Mike are goats. I don't think either will win now, but they are certainly not goats. I think they are both on the bottom half of the final 4 in terms of deserving it, but they deserve to win over a lot of others in this game. They are goats because YOU do not know what they've been doing. I've been on the jury and you've been in the game and yet you think they are doing nothing, because they were doing nothing with you. This game does not revolve around you, contrary to what you would like to believe. I don't care that I am out of the game, I've learned of the mistakes I've made and feel that I didn't deserve to win. I thought I did while I was in the game, but hearing other people and what their side of things, I don't think I deserved it as much as I thought. I suggest that you look at who really deserves to win, because the options are not and have never been just limited to you and Ashley, despite what you may think.
Grant
Alumni

Postby Sophie » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:48:54 pm

I'm not bitter at all with me going out. Like I said in tribal council less than 24 hours ago, David voting me out was neither shocking nor a blindside on my part. Who reveals their vote at tribal council and then actually sticks with it when they are the SWING vote? Not many people I know would have done that.

I will never take credit away from Ashley. She BEAT us all in this game and she came in late, so in my book she is playing a fantastic game and nobody here at all is saying otherwise. However, when I see you giving her credit for moves that other players talked her in to of course I will say something about it and correct you on it. It isn't your fault that you've been out of the game for 8 days, so I might as well try and catch you up on what happened. She has played a strong social game, and has stepped up when she needed to both strategically and physically.

I did outplay you. So did Whitney, Julie, Ashley, Mike, David, and Stephanie. They ended up making moves or making partnerships that allowed them to get further in to the game, and thus they outplayed you and those four that are left certainly outplayed me. There is no denying it or trying to correct it, because it's simply facts. As much as I hate Jud Birza's game, he played a better one than Benry, Marty, and Brenda because he ended up getting to the end and winning it all. I am not taking away from anyone's win here, nor their placement. Grant, you were a huge threat and a huge social player (to most people) and so getting you out was I believe a pretty necessary move. You won three challenges in a row for christ sake, it was pretty obvious you established yourself as a threat and so it was very easy to pitch you going home.

I don't mean to sound dramatic, but the way you overanalyze everything people say is a little bit grating and even rubbed people on your same tribe the wrong way. In every paragraph that I sent you you tried to undermine what I said and tried to almost "correct" it. I know you may not see how, but that IS insulting and just got a little bit annoying. So finally I decided to snap and prove to you that it was a bit ridiculous to be doing that to someone even if I was on the bottom, and then that was another reason to get rid of you. Socially I wanted to be in the Final Eight with players I liked, and I just did not like you during the game and find that you are much better outside of the game now (as most people are). In my opinion, Game bots are not players that can function with talking about things other than the game. For me, I don't like that. I don't need to banter about this because it is purely opinion-based, and so I understand if you like being so robotic and undermining. To correct what you said about that whole "bullshit at tribal" thing, it really wasn't at all. From a jury standpoint it is extremely easy to look at everything as very dumb and stupid but after every tribal Steph and Mike and Ash and David would all message me and I to them about how much fight we had and that although we all made good points, we would all argue with better ones. It isn't bullshit when you don't agree with it. Did I contradict myself a few times, absolutely and nobody is denying that. But I didn't just go around spouting useless garbage clearly, since me and Ashley managed to get rid of three blue bleeders before we even went home.

Yeah but we never needed to just lie for a vote. If he wanted to vote me out and did vote me out, just don't say anything at all or just tell the tribe who you are voting for. To me, in the final five there is no reason to lie publicly about your vote. But if you object I guess I understand, but can't see the merit in doing that and I hope none of the jurors here do either. Once again Grant I expected to go home and so am not bitter, however I will say what I am upset about and what I want to talk to the final three about in a tribal council. If Ashley goes to the end I will vote for her since she has played a clutch-ass game and played a great one in my opinion.

Yes, YOU were on the jury for eight days before I got here and you have not been where the other eight of us were and when we talked to them it was clear that they were goats. I would try to engage Mike in conversation and it fell flat and he lied about his votes several time. David I don't see as big of a goat anymore, and the person I would have never voted for like I said when I left was not David and it was actually Mike. I didn't deserve to win this game because I am OUT of this game and I am sitting here, so nobody is arguing with you there. I will vote for Stephanie almost 70% if she gets to the end, but will definitely keep an open mind.

For this final paragraph, I just want to address that causation and correlation article that you brought up. Obviously they didn't cause each other. I was listing things that have proven I was not just a "talker" like you mentioned and that I clearly had game. The elimination of Semhar did not cause me to play my idol on Whitney, but hopefully you have enough brain to know what I really was talking about and you were just trying to weaken my stance here on the jury. We're out of the game, let's stop talking about us and start talking about these final four of which one will end up winning this month long process.
Sophie
Alumni

Postby Ralph » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:30:39 pm

Sophie wrote:
Grant wrote:GG Sophie!

lol.

Part of my plan to come in here was to just have fun. I didn't want to be a game bot like Mike and Ashley and have no personality. I wanted to be like Sophie. Loud, Abbrasive, and blessed with a mouth like a sailor. Did I accomplish that? Well i certainly accomplished the fun part.

I just had a blast getting to meet everyone. When Ashley came in nobody wanted to work with her, but I knew that I could at least guide her to make the moves that I wanted her to make, and it worked out extremely well.

you 100% weren't a game bot thats for sure.
I wish I could've got to know you more cause you seem like an awesome person
But, What ya gon do eh?
Ralph
Alumni

Postby Grant » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:35:18 pm

Perfect, thanks Sophie. Like I said, I tried (but may not have successfully completely been able to) remove myself from the equation, I was just rooting for my team. Of course, it is easier to see things as bullshit when they are coming from the other side and it is even easier to do so when you are out of the game. I apologize if I got a little testy there but I do appreciate you keeping a level head in your response.

I won't go through and touch on everything but again I don't think you were just a "talker", that's not what I meant by "all talk". I think you were a talker and an effective one at that, I just felt (past tense - I am, was and always will be open minded to hearing otherwise) like there was not a lot to back that up. The second thing I wanted to touch on was you saying you'd consider voting Stephanie 70% if she makes it - it seemed in one of your previous messages that you said you were definitely already decided to vote for Ashley if she makes it. It's fine if you want to vote for her, if she makes it I might too. However what seemed to me as closed-mindedness was cleared up and I'm glad to see you will be open-minded as I intended to be all along. Trust me, I may have had ideas for who I think I will or would have voted for but I fully expect(ed) to have my mind changed over and over again, whether it was in favor of you, Ashley, Stephanie, David or Mike (or even Julie if you want to go back that far). The 6 of you played very, very good games, there is no denying that. You all played better than me. I apologize for getting a little defensive. When I mentioned Ashley/Julie, I was specifying to just that one play. There is no doubt in my mind all of you outplayed me, as you made it further and I'm sorry if I misunderstood where you were going with it.

I told you before I genuinely liked everyone I got the chance to play with and I think this is a really great experience, there is no hard feelings on my end, I assure you. There may be some scratches from your abrasive personality but I assure you that is all there is. I want the best player in the game to win the game, as I hope you and everyone else on the jury does as well. Despite you hating me, I do like you and I do respect you as a game player. The entire final 5 was filled with good game players, in my mind, and it remains to be a good final 4. No matter who wins (though I do suspect it to be one of two people), I think this will go down as a good season with a good winner, which was made better by your move on me. I see that and respect that move as a fan of this game but also as a competitor.
Grant
Alumni

Postby Sophie » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:38:21 pm

won't go through and touch on everything but again I don't think you were just a "talker", that's not what I meant by "all talk". I think you were a talker and an effective one at that, I just felt (past tense - I am, was and always will be open minded to hearing otherwise) like there was not a lot to back that up. The second thing I wanted to touch on was you saying you'd consider voting Stephanie 70% if she makes it - it seemed in one of your previous messages that you said you were definitely already decided to vote for Ashley if she makes it. It's fine if you want to vote for her, if she makes it I might too. However what seemed to me as closed-mindedness was cleared up and I'm glad to see you will be open-minded as I intended to be all along. Trust me, I may have had ideas for who I think I will or would have voted for but I fully expect(ed) to have my mind changed over and over again, whether it was in favor of you, Ashley, Stephanie, David or Mike (or even Julie if you want to go back that far). The 6 of you played very, very good games, there is no denying that. You all played better than me. I apologize for getting a little defensive. When I mentioned Ashley/Julie, I was specifying to just that one play. There is no doubt in my mind all of you outplayed me, as you made it further and I'm sorry if I misunderstood where you were going with it.

At this point I don't see Ashley making it to the final four unfortunately. David and Mike don't want to turn on Steph because they probably know their chance of wining would be even less. I mean to say that I will vote for Stephanie if she is with David and Mike, and I am around 70% committed to that however at this point it would be unfair for me not to give everyone a chance. Does that explain what I meant?
Sophie
Alumni

Postby Grant » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:37:23 pm

Fair enough. From the looks of it, Steph is probably going to win immunity and it would be dumb of Mike to get rid of David and dumb of David to get rid of Mike. It makes the most sense for all three of them to get rid of Ashley, considering her connections on the jury - Cochran, PB, me, Kristina, Whitney, Julie and you all working with (or being played by) her. It'd be too risky to keep her in the game.
Grant
Alumni

Postby Sophie » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:59:37 pm

Grant wrote:Fair enough. From the looks of it, Steph is probably going to win immunity and it would be dumb of Mike to get rid of David and dumb of David to get rid of Mike. It makes the most sense for all three of them to get rid of Ashley, considering her connections on the jury - Cochran, PB, me, Kristina, Whitney, Julie and you all working with (or being played by) her. It'd be too risky to keep her in the game.

Yeah it'd definitely be smart of them, but heartbreaking for me :(

She definitely played Papa Bear for sure, but I don't think me or Cochran were particularly played by her since she happened to vote with us for those two votes when we were sent packing.
Sophie
Alumni

Next

Return to Ponderosa