Thoughts on Final Three

Re: Thoughts on Final Three

Postby Ashley » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:54:53 pm

And besides I ASKED you all what Mike and Steph had done and you all waited till 3 hours before tribal - over the entire weekend - to login and make a case. Like are you for real?

Sorry I've formed a different opinion in that time none of you bothered to post.
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:58:55 pm

Sophie wrote:I think that luck also affected us and helped us plenty of other times though Ashley, and so at this point I can't even say with certainty that Mike would have gone if Semhar had shown up to the last team challenge. If she had shown up, Whitney would have been voted out and Semhar may not have ever teamed up with us since she was much more intelligent. That would have put us out even earlier since she may not have bit on the girls alliance thing, and so that's another thing that could correlate and how luck has helped us. So what if Whitney didn't vote, Mike may not still be here but neither would Stephanie or David. We have to nullify luck as a factor since it affects all three of them equally in this instance.

I understand the whole luck thing. I'm not disputing that luck affects everyone.

My whole issue is people are talking like Mike had this awesome game when, really, he didn't. He had all these awesome plans - none of which he put into effect. ETC ETC.

What has he actually done in this game? That's what I've been asking all damn weekend. Nobody wants to say anything other than "he's so underrated" and gives nothing to back it up.

It honestly comes off as Ovambo kissing Ovambo ass or trying to justify their games. I seriously don't get it, and nobody is even trying to give a solid reason as to why anyone but Stephanie should get votes.
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Kristina » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:00:45 pm

Sophie wrote:
Luck is the biggest component of everyone's game. If you want to keep bringing luck up, luck put me with you, Ashley, on the Nama tribe. If it doesn't, you and I don't become friends and you are likely a target along with Cochran for the first/second post-merge boot. No one on our side would've trusted you (as much) without me saying "post-merge, if Ashley makes it, I think we gotta get her on our side" and Kristina/Ralph can back me up on everything I said and my recommendations for bringing you in. So, I mean, calling them lucky when not realizing how lucky YOU were is kind of silly. You get anyone other than me or Kristina sent over to Nama and I don't think they even bother, they just come right back to us. Luck is a huge huge huge part of this game. I think dismissing someone getting to the end as lucky when luck is a huge part of the game kind of diminishes your cred, IMO.

I definitely agree with this surprisingly. Everyone of us got to our places somehow by luck, and so I sort of have to rule that out.

this
Kristina
Alumni

Postby Sophie » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:01:51 pm

David deserves votes because his whole game has been just making sure that he has carved out a path to the end and in order to win. He made moves that ended the chance of him being at risk such as Kristina being voted out by him, and he flipped back when he realized that he could never win against us. Than he realized that he may not win and so he did something noble. He has been all over the board, and I like that. Consistency has never been my thing, as you have all figured out. I deserve the right to vote for who I think would make the best winner, and is it so bad that it may be him?
Sophie
Alumni

Postby Grant » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:03:47 pm

I'm not telling you who to vote for, and I don't want to. I don't care who you vote for. I'm not saying any of them played amazing games but at the same time, I don't think any of them sucked or don't deserve to be there or that it is a disgrace to the game that they are there like it seems you guys implied at least a few times.

It's also not my job to give you a rundown of what every person did or why each person deserves to win, that's their job tonight, I didn't want to do it. I wasn't going to say anything but I felt like I should when you all are dismissing Mike because you don't understand his game, or because you think he is lucky. That's all I'm saying. You say pre-merge doesn't matter, and you also tell me that I don't know what happened after I left, which is true, so that leaves me with 3 tribal councils, one of which everyone just agreed to vote Ralph because Ralph was acting kind of crazy, and another in which the vote was divided down tribal lines. What do you want me to say? Seriously, that limits me to one tribal council, in which PB went home, that Mike voted for Ralph with the intention of working with PB/Sophie side to help us later in the game. It didn't work because PB went home and Sophie wasn't interested with working with Mike/David or Mike/David wasn't interested in working with Sophie. One thing led to another and it didn't work out. They made a move that proved to have no effect on the game. What else do I have to offer when the rest of what I say doesn't matter, except for those 3 votes? I mean, come on...
Grant
Alumni

Postby Kristina » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:06:16 pm

Ashley wrote:And besides I ASKED you all what Mike and Steph had done and you all waited till 3 hours before tribal - over the entire weekend - to login and make a case. Like are you for real?

Sorry I've formed a different opinion in that time none of you bothered to post.

it's been a hectic weekend for me, sorry. would've loved to contribute more. but still, at least i'm here now. if you go through these boards in the jury i would say the four of us talking here: grant, soph, you and me have clearly been the most active. i'm sure it's like this in almost every org, there are just some people who are never around.
Kristina
Alumni

Postby Kristina » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:09:14 pm

Sophie wrote:David... is it so bad that it may be him?

not at all. it's been between him and steph for a while for me.
Kristina
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:11:53 pm

To be honest, you've all just taken what I've said and gone with "oh Ashley thinks they just got lucky but everyone lucky hurr durr what a dumb argument"

No. I said they got lucky making F3, if you're all so convinced Mike is underrated, please say why - don't just say I'm full of shit when I explained my reasoning and nobody else wants to explain theirs.

Jesus.

Sophie - I pre-voted David. I'm not convinced anyone up there played a game so amazing they should get the win, and David was lovely to me so I pre-voted him. I'm going to listen to what they have to say at FTC and that's that, but if you all want to circle-jerk about how underrated Mike is, go ahead.

TBH from where I'm sitting now, unless he pulls a huge rabbit out of a hat, I can't vote for him, and if he wins I had no part in it.

That's all. Christ almighty.
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Sophie » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:15:06 pm

Ashley why the fuck are you freaking out on me? Nobody is making you a victim of anything, and I never said anything except that luck has influenced us at all and Stephanie and David are both as guilty as Mike in terms of luck. That's all I wanted to say, this shouldn't be an argument.
Sophie
Alumni

Postby Grant » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:18:48 pm

Kristina wrote:
Sophie wrote:David... is it so bad that it may be him?

not at all. it's been between him and steph for a while for me.

I'd be happy if David won. I'd be happy if Steph won. I'd be happy if Mike won.

I'd be happy if Ashley won. I'd be happy if Sophie won. I'd be happy if Julie won. I'd be happy if Grant won. I'd be happy if Ralph won. I'd be happy if PB won. I'd be happy if Cochran won.

I just don't think it's necessary to lambaste them or act like they're the worst person in the world because you didn't talk to them. Mike is underrated because you are giving him no credit. I don't have the words to say to back it up, I admitted it and admit it again. I don't have anything to say to back it up.

I've been saying all along that it's going to come down to what they have to say for me, and I've been asking that you actually go into it tonight and actually listen to what each of them has to say instead expecting me or Kristina to do it for them. If I was able to do that I would be there instead of them.
Grant
Alumni

Postby Kristina » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:19:24 pm

Sophie wrote:Ashley why the fuck are you freaking out on me? Nobody is making you a victim of anything, and I never said anything except that luck has influenced us at all and Stephanie and David are both as guilty as Mike in terms of luck. That's all I wanted to say, this shouldn't be an argument.

this

i'm not even saying mike deserves it. of the three he's earned it the least. i just liked his social game, that's all i was saying. i know you don't value pre-merge ovambo, but i do and i think it's pretty good that he was able to save himself from first boot out to making a f4 with grant and getting really close with me. that's all i'm saying. i don't think he ever made any massive game move. i think david and steph deserve it more. i just think he didn't play as horrible of a game as you feel he did. that's all. slight difference in opinion, nothing more.

no one is trying to jump on your back at all here lady.
Kristina
Alumni

Postby Grant » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:20:00 pm

Kristina wrote:
Sophie wrote:Ashley why the fuck are you freaking out on me? Nobody is making you a victim of anything, and I never said anything except that luck has influenced us at all and Stephanie and David are both as guilty as Mike in terms of luck. That's all I wanted to say, this shouldn't be an argument.

this

i'm not even saying mike deserves it. of the three he's earned it the least. i just liked his social game, that's all i was saying. i know you don't value pre-merge ovambo, but i do and i think it's pretty good that he was able to save himself from first boot out to making a f4 with grant and getting really close with me. that's all i'm saying. i don't think he ever made any massive game move. i think david and steph deserve it more. i just think he didn't play as horrible of a game as you feel he did. that's all. slight difference in opinion, nothing more.

no one is trying to jump on your back at all here lady.

what she said
Grant
Alumni

Postby Kristina » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:20:48 pm

Grant wrote:I'd be happy if David won. I'd be happy if Steph won. I'd be happy if Mike won.

I'd be happy if Ashley won. I'd be happy if Sophie won. I'd be happy if Julie won. I'd be happy if Grant won. I'd be happy if Ralph won. I'd be happy if PB won. I'd be happy if Cochran won.

you literally just listed everyone but me and inactive whitney. thanks grant. i feel the love.

haha
Kristina
Alumni

Postby Grant » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:21:26 pm

:)
Grant
Alumni

Postby Grant » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:21:53 pm

OH WAIT. I meant to include you!

ID BE ELATED IF KRISTINA WON!
Grant
Alumni

Postby Grant » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:23:11 pm

I'd be happy if David won. I'd be happy if Steph won. I'd be happy if Mike won.

I'd be happy if Ashley won. I'd be happy if Sophie won. I'd be happy if Julie won. I'd be happy if Kristina won. I'd be happy if Grant won. I'd be happy if Ralph won. I'd be happy if PB won. I'd be happy if Cochran won.

THERE.

I got so eager to say I'd be happy if I won that I forgot I didn't mention you already :P
Grant
Alumni

Postby Kristina » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:23:55 pm

Grant wrote:OH WAIT. I meant to include you!

ID BE ELATED IF KRISTINA WON!

icon_mml icon_mml icon_mml
Kristina
Alumni

Postby Jeff Probst » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:24:44 pm

So who's the most pissed off/best juror to go last?
Jeff Probst

Postby Ashley » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:25:33 pm

arghhhh Sophie. Seriously. ILY and everything, but god damn! I'm not freaking out on you. I agree with you. I just think the others are being total fucking dicks about it.

Everyone gets lucky. Nobody disputed that. I never disputed that. Luck is luck is luck. Who gives a shit? My entire question was "what have they actually done in this game?" and it's been turned into a shitstorm of "loss of credibility". jesus fucking christ.

All I've seen on Ponderosa for days is people talking about how underrated Mike is and as soon as you ask why "Oh I never wanted to tell you how to vote!" like WTF? Just back up your opinions. Stop talking shit otherwise. Nobody's telling anyone to vote for anyone, it's just a group discussion about the game.

I say my thoughts and get shit on for it. To be honest, it's making me annoyed with a lot of people here. Ponderosa is supposed to be fun, not people attacking everyone else because they disagree with them.

I'm sounding angry as balls right now, and I'll be honest with you - I'm getting angry at people twisting words and starting bullshit. I'm not angry at you though, I'm just annoyed. You're cool, Sophie, I just sound like a raging bitch at the moment.
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Kristina » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:26:02 pm

Jeff Probst wrote:So who's the most pissed off/best juror to go last?

at this point, ashley

love you babe. icon_wub
Kristina
Alumni

PreviousNext

Return to Ponderosa