Re: Welcome, Ashley!

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:12:29 pm

I can't wait for the reunion, y'all. <3

And cast reveal!
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Sophie » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:49:45 pm

Ashley wrote:There's quitting the challenge, and then there's PMing one of the people competing explaining that you're quitting because you know you're safe. Totally a scumbag move.

----

David told me privately after TC that he had initially voted for you but when he got to tribal he backed out and your aggressive manner put him off. Damn you Grant! :P

---

I knew it was a risk taking inactive players into an alliance - me and Sophie actually discussed it - but they both vowed to SHOW THE FUCK UP to all the tribals or AT LEAST pre-vote. Whitney knew the target was David for like 2 days, there's no excuse for her not voting. :(

Yeah preach to this. Whitney, I love you girl but I had a feeling that eventually your inactivity would end up affecting you and unfortunately it affected all four of us :( But seriously guys, can we agree in any other season we do just not to be such cunts as jurors with the faces? Before the final tribal council, we should have NO influence on the votes at all because that is not how the jury works. The jury makes their decision on what happened with them from an objective standpoint, and at the last tribal they can comment on it. All of the sadistic and awful faces were just annoying as shit.
Sophie
Alumni

Postby Grant » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:56:56 pm

Hahaha, that's great. Was Matt put in to troll all along or was that just his general antics? And what ever happened to him? He just didn't want to play anymore or what?

Ha, I don't know, man. I write a lot when I have a lot to say but I think a lot of that is being stuck in the middle of this. I'm not much of a writer otherwise, I couldn't write for any season of survivor the show because there is just not a lot I have to say. But I'd certainly be down to helping out, for sure. Maybe it'd be different seeing all new people and reading everything they say, though that seems time consuming.

How does the reunion/post game stuff work? Do people usually hang around a while or do people just move on and go back to life as usual? And I'm super interested to know how you handled messages, I think I personally sent out like 5000 messages which seemed like an awful lot to me, and they were usually decent in length - there's something about forums and brevity that don't seem to go together well in my mind. Are we just going to see them summed up in the episodes?
Grant
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:03:54 pm

I'm assuming there's an alumni forum for US Stranded, and we'll get to meet all the people who've played before <3 I want to see who people are, what they thought of our season and my gameplay, etc etc etc.

I'm starting my #MostRobbedByRock 2014 election campaign right now y'all.

oooh I want to know my Host Comments <3
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Grant » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:06:14 pm

Sophie wrote:
Ashley wrote:There's quitting the challenge, and then there's PMing one of the people competing explaining that you're quitting because you know you're safe. Totally a scumbag move.

----

David told me privately after TC that he had initially voted for you but when he got to tribal he backed out and your aggressive manner put him off. Damn you Grant! :P

---

I knew it was a risk taking inactive players into an alliance - me and Sophie actually discussed it - but they both vowed to SHOW THE FUCK UP to all the tribals or AT LEAST pre-vote. Whitney knew the target was David for like 2 days, there's no excuse for her not voting. :(

Yeah preach to this. Whitney, I love you girl but I had a feeling that eventually your inactivity would end up affecting you and unfortunately it affected all four of us :( But seriously guys, can we agree in any other season we do just not to be such cunts as jurors with the faces? Before the final tribal council, we should have NO influence on the votes at all because that is not how the jury works. The jury makes their decision on what happened with them from an objective standpoint, and at the last tribal they can comment on it. All of the sadistic and awful faces were just annoying as shit.

lol'd, 21 seasons in and now the jury system has a flaw because you think something didn't go your way because of someone posting entirely in smileys. You're kidding yourself if you think Survivors don't try to gauge reactions from the jury and even more so if you think you being angry about it would get me to stop. David didn't say "GRANT, SHOULD I VOTE SOPHIE OR MIKE OUT, NOD YES FOR SOPHIE AND NO FOR MIKE", please get over yourself.
Grant
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:12:57 pm

Well Grant, to be fair in the last game I played, if you'd done that you probably would've been told off for it. There's smiley use, and then there's writing an essay in smileys. Know what I'm sayin' ?
You may as well have formatted them to spell out "VOTE; SOPHIE" to him :P
It doesn't matter now - but there's a reason you don't see the jury on Survivor making huge gestures in front of the tribe.

By the looks of it, your ..... smileys...... probably weren't the only reason he decided not to vote with us, so it's a moot point anyway.
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Grant » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:35:30 pm

I think this whole conversation is all very silly. What does one juror's opinion, out of nine, matter in the long run? If you don't like it, ignore it. I think it's pretty silly for you to think he would have thought I would have reacted in any other way. Someone flipping on an alliance made on early in this game to hand deliver the game to someone on the other side? It's just silly. If I would've known I could have this much of an impact I would have dialed it up tenfold.

I actually think you're wrong about the jury. They don't show the whole thing, obviously, so you can't say that it doesn't happen often. But they do show times when the jury nods their head (positively and negatively) with what someone is saying, (exaggerated-ly) rolls their eyes among other things someone's answers. They also show people flat out laughing at what someone has to say. You can bet that if this was on Survivor, and I was on the actual jury seated across from those in the game, I'd be nodding my head like a bobblehead in every which way I damn well pleased. It's one thing to say David can't make a decision without my influence, it's another to be upset because things didn't go your way. If it was such a problem, then why are you two (the two who think they were most affected by it) the only ones that even so much as mention it, while no one else including hosts has said anything about it?
Grant
Alumni

Postby Sophie » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:41:27 pm

icon_mml icon_mml icon_mml Like I said before Grant, I am not angry at all and think David may have voted for me either way. However, he made it clear that you and the other jurors were the deciding vote that night and that's absolutely fine but in the show Survivor the jury is much farther away than you have seen. One of the most exaggerated things ever was when Erik gave away his idol and James was dying laughing. Obviously I know what you mean, and I wasn't making a big deal about it I was just saying that I do think it gets a little annoying since I have done it before and felt bad about it afterward since we can't really see their game from over here. I was a bitter betty towards David saying "I voted Mike for sure" but that's my own personal thing to deal with on finale night, and nobody elses. I never said I needed anyones agreement, I was just explaining why I think it is a little bit much at times to do this

icon_mml icon_mml icon_mml

or this

icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol

all the time. Your opinion? No, but I'm on the jury so opinions are all we really have to say right now. We don't need to discuss this any further, and I think we should get back to talking about the good things instead of bickering pointlessly with one another.
Sophie
Alumni

Postby Jeff Probst » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:41:33 pm

You will all be able to see my thoughts post-show, IF YOU DARE.
Jeff Probst

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:06:24 pm

Grant baby stop </3

Exploiting your ability to use smileys to try and influence people might be allowed, but it doesn't make it ok. You got booted, you should've respected that and not tried to push your disapproval so aggressively. Nobody else would've done that to you - remember we were still trying to make moves and save ourselves - and David spent a lot of time worrying about what you and the jury would think of him voting with us and the second you started doing that we basically knew it was game over.

It's just really rude to try and interfere like that so gleefully.

The reason only we mention it is because we're the ones who copped the effects of it - the other 3 players are in F3 now. The other jurors aren't going to care because it's not them your actions possibly even a tiny affected. I wouldn't have done that to you - hell in my last game I had people I was positively spitting at to get rid of but you just don't do that. Allowed or not, it's poor sportsmanship.

That's just how I feel about it anyway. Anyone and everyone can disagree with it.

------

Despite that, you're still fab <3 - we are where we are and that's okay. :)

---------

JEFF of course I dare. Are you kidding me?
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Grant » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:06:37 pm

Yeah, the James in Micronesia was actually the one I had in mind when I said the blatantly laughing at them, yet Erik still continued doing what he did regardless. I'm still not convinced that I had an affect on his vote, but that will be something he can talk in FTC or after the game is over. If David said that the jury was going to decide his vote ahead of time, knowing that I've been fairly consistent in my interactions, it seems like a convenient cop-out answer. But I digress..

I'm sure I come off as an annoying little prick. I knew that in immunity challenge #1 when I said something like "ooooooo that sucks for you Rick" when the directions were unclear, and once again when I pointed out Whitney posted a second too late a couple of challenges later. I'm sure a lot of people think I'm a pain in the ass and I'm sure it's a consistent theme throughout my game, in my confessionals and everywhere else, and I'm ok with that (as long as I didn't break any rules, which it does not appear that I did).
Grant
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:07:43 pm

tiny bit**
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Kristina » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:17:30 pm

Ashley wrote:Kristina, I really liked you at this point, but you were VERY strategic and I found it extremely threatening...Kristina, you say I was wrong about you, and maybe I was, but that's neither here nor there really - I considered you a huge threat and so I wanted to take you out.

i've pretty much come to figure out all that happened, it was a great move.i hold nothing against you as well. again, you can see more of my thoughts in my vote out thread. i did intend to go to the end with you. soph i wanted to cut at 5. but i wanted you to go f3 with me and steph. at the time i viewed her as more of a goat for us. i thought you would've been tough competition, but i thought i could've out talked you.

again, love your face, no hard feelings towards anyone. this game was awesome.

thanks again for considering me such a threat, i took it as a compliment when the grant blindside happened. i knew i was pretty much done instantly, it was a great move. i took it as a compliment at the time that you guys thought i could cause you so many problems, and i still think that today.
Kristina
Alumni

Postby Kristina » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:45:25 pm

Grant wrote:Oooo, I thought I was just a little puppy in a group of little puppies. I had no idea I was playing with grizzled vets like yourself. I don't feel so bad for being duped so easily anymore :)

haha, i'm glad someone said this. this was my first time playing one of these too. i feel sheepish.
Kristina
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:11:49 pm

Regarding Steph-Goat: I'm still unsure of Steph's role in everything. I've heard she was in charge over there and also that she just kinda floated along. From where I'm sitting right now, she looks to me like she's the only one up there who deserves any votes. She dominated the last part of the game (she guessed epupafalls for that idol RIGHT BEFORE ME ughhhhhh!!! I tried it and the password didn't work - I caught her reading the HII thread and asked her what it was since she had already got the idol and she confirmed it was the same one) and to be fair I didn't really know anything about her before that. When you were there, she seemed like a nobody that was in your pocked but Sophie kept saying she was HBIC so I've got no idea what really went down.

David was an absolute sweetheart at the end (seriously David, <3) for me - you could never ask a person to force a tie at the end for you, and HE came to ME with the idea! He told me that after the stunt Mike pulled he didn't feel right not giving me a chance to make it to F3. So David, ILY. But me and Sophie weren't lying when we were saying he'd played a goat's game. It sucks for him that all of the moves he tried to make (such as flipping to Nama just after merge) failed, but they did. :(

Mike was a good player as well - I tried like 3 votes in a row to get rid of that guy! Damn! But his total lack of respect at F4 really, REALLY soured me against him. He apologised to me for it after I blew up at him over it after my awkward meltdown, but that's not an excuse. Just because of that I don't think he deserves to be there anymore. If I was in Steph's position I would've taken everyone BUT him, just to smack him the fuck down, even if Steph was a threat to me. ((I know woulda coulda situation, but you read my confessionals and it was true)).

I feel weird voting for Steph if she's not been that great of a player really and just got lucky with all the idols at the end - but man I just can't see myself voting for Mike at all. I don't even think it's a 'bitter' thing - just a refusal to reward him after such a horrible showing of disrespect.

:(
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:14:39 pm

Kristina wrote:
Grant wrote:Oooo, I thought I was just a little puppy in a group of little puppies. I had no idea I was playing with grizzled vets like yourself. I don't feel so bad for being duped so easily anymore :)

haha, i'm glad someone said this. this was my first time playing one of these too. i feel sheepish.

When you see what my experience is you will laugh. Veteran, indeed! I'm sure people I played with would find it hilarious as well. I guess my only advantage was knowing how NOT to play icon_lol
Ashley
Alumni

Previous

Return to Ponderosa