Hello all

Re: Hello all

Postby Grant » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:06:28 pm

Agreed but she did a hell of a job convincing me and convincing Kristina that she was with us. She outwitted me and she outplayed me.

Sophie on the other hand, I think she gave a lot away trying to be sly. She'd tell me "please tell me if I'm going home so I can say my goodbye" which to me says "I 100% have the idol and will play it". She'd get mad if I'd bring any of that sort of thing up and say not everything in this game needs to benefit someone, which seems like she felt she got caught and backtracked and got mad.

To me I think the better game is the person who shows a better social finesse, if you will. It's not necessarily winning all of the challenges. It's making the moves you need to make to move further in the game, and having the control to do it. Sophie was on the losing end of all but 1 challenge, then was on the incorrect side of 3 consecutive votes post-merge. That just doesn't seem like someone who deserves to win, add in her social game and I'm just not impressed. Though by that logic, Julie won the tribal challenges and voted the correct way almost every time, so it's not just that, but that is a facet of the game that Sophie is lacking in. 'm not mad or bitter that she beat me and sent me home, in fact that is the only thing that she did that impressed me aside from being good at challenges. Ashley on the other hand is doing mad work on the social game, and that's what I respect the most. It's what I was trying to do but as Frank said, I was too visible. The social/strategic game is where it's at for me and I honestly think Ashley is doing the best job at that.
Grant
Alumni

Postby Grant » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:14:15 pm

Just to add, I thought Stephanie was playing a great social game. She was "in" everywhere I was "in" and maybe a little more. She was really good at challenges pre-merge for us, she was our best asset and she probably decided she doesn't need to win, let grant get the big target from winning while she sits back and does work in the social game. Nobody mentioned her name on either side as someone who needs to go but she got #1 in the tribal rankings in that challenge the other day. In the past few days she's been lackluster at best, she was the person I trusted the most and yet she'd respond to group PMs rather than responding to messages I'd sent that were of the nature of talking things out, making sure we're on the same page and making sure we're making the right moves. She might've moved on from me and if that's the case then maybe she was ok with me going, maybe Kristina was as well. Maybe this was all a premeditated girl alliance that was intended to lead me on and then they would do that. I don't really know, but what I do know is that Ashley has a great social game (had - it remains to be seen what happens now).
Grant
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:14:57 am

Reading this thread and you slowly workout the Mike vote <3

Ralph your no-vote saved me! And I told everyone it was you who flipped and got you sent home. Ain't that some shit? <3
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Ralph » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:22:31 am

Ashley wrote:Reading this thread and you slowly workout the Mike vote <3

Ralph your no-vote saved me! And I told everyone it was you who flipped and got you sent home. Ain't that some shit? <3

np bae <3 much love
Ralph
Alumni

Previous

Return to Ponderosa