Welcome, Ashley!

Re: Welcome, Ashley!

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:47:52 am

There's quitting the challenge, and then there's PMing one of the people competing explaining that you're quitting because you know you're safe. Totally a scumbag move.

----

David told me privately after TC that he had initially voted for you but when he got to tribal he backed out and your aggressive manner put him off. Damn you Grant! :P

---

I knew it was a risk taking inactive players into an alliance - me and Sophie actually discussed it - but they both vowed to SHOW THE FUCK UP to all the tribals or AT LEAST pre-vote. Whitney knew the target was David for like 2 days, there's no excuse for her not voting. :(
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:49:17 am

Jeff Probst wrote:Good god man, have you not heard of Paragraphs?!

also, this.
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Grant » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:49:47 am

Why was he voting for me? ;___; what vote are you talking about?
Grant
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:51:25 am

Me and my mixups.

He initially voted Mike*******
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Grant » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:52:49 am

;___; we are not the same person

But yeah I'll believe that when I see it. I didn't think anyone paid attention to me to be honest except for Mike and David, so I'm glad it was not all for naut :)
Grant
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:55:15 am

Also - that F2 thread - I wasn't even lying to you then. The decision to vote for you specifically happened <5 minutes before tribal. Me and Sophie weren't going to go ahead with it unless Julie AND Whitney both logged on and agreed ahead of time

I was pushing Kristina really hard for it but Sophie wouldn't budge and I needed the move. :( I was annoyed at her about it for ages afterwards.
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:56:53 am

Grant wrote:;___; we are not the same person

No you're Grant icon_wub icon_wub icon_wub icon_wub and I love you and always will.

I get muddled up when I have people on my mind. I was too busy thinking of you so I wrote 'you' instead of Mike.
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Cochran » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:02:04 am

Ashley wrote:
I came in to the game knowing I was bottom rung, so I made the decision to treat Nama like gods gift to the earth and act like the most hardcore noob in existence. "Wow you guys are sooooo helpful <3<3<3<3 I would be lost with you!"

This^
That was my plan when the game first started, but you did a hell of a lot better job then I did.

I knew you were smarter than you were showing, probably shoulda called you on it icon_biggrin
Cochran
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:06:06 am

I did lay it on fairly thick - but I knew people would assume replacements were experienced players so I didn't want that rep sticking to me. :P
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Grant » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:10:59 am

You seemed like an experienced player :)

I saw you in Nama and I was like "I neeeeeed her on my side", too bad that sentiment didn't last very long :p

Also I'm glad to see you use colors and shit in here. I used colors to color code my perceived relationships based on how strong of a bond I thought people had or something like day 4 or 5 or so and after I sent it I felt like a complete moron. I think I was right on but I still felt like a clown posting it.
Grant
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:15:22 am

If it helps - my last game (which was also my first) was embarrassing. Ashley took a very different approach. Glad it worked for me :P Next time i'll keep the inactives in line (Whitney <3)

((that's not an ID giveaway, there are seriously bajillions of ORGs out there))
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Grant » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:26:13 am

Oooo, I thought I was just a little puppy in a group of little puppies. I had no idea I was playing with grizzled vets like yourself. I don't feel so bad for being duped so easily anymore :)

Also a Q to JP and co., am I Grant for life or do identities get shuffled? I think Grant talks too much and uses too long of messages without breaking them into paragraphs, it was hard to match that reputation :)
Grant
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:36:18 am

If you play All Stars based on this performance, you'll definitely be Grant :P

Have you not played before? I was betting you had. Sophie has :P Probably a fair few have.
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Jeff Probst » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:37:34 pm

Grant wrote:Oooo, I thought I was just a little puppy in a group of little puppies. I had no idea I was playing with grizzled vets like yourself. I don't feel so bad for being duped so easily anymore :)

Also a Q to JP and co., am I Grant for life or do identities get shuffled? I think Grant talks too much and uses too long of messages without breaking them into paragraphs, it was hard to match that reputation :)

:P You're Grant for life in the Stranded world.

Also, you would be a great correspondent on future seasons based on your love of typing huge paragraphs :P
Jeff Probst

Postby Grant » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:02:24 pm

Nah, Ashley, this is all new to me :) using forums in general was new to me when I started. I feel a lot better knowing I was going up against people with experience.

And haha, sure JP, maybe I'll be a correspondent. Are they the ones who write the episodes or is there something else on the alumni pages? I think Frank mentioned somewhere something about a draft? Is there a whole thing in the alumni section all about this season? I hope there's a lot of material, I'm looking forward to reading it :)
Grant
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:27:52 pm

Good luck understanding my confessionals :P a lot of it commentary on tribal council and makes no sense without the TC stuff there.
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Jeff Probst » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:49:31 pm

Grant wrote:Nah, Ashley, this is all new to me :) using forums in general was new to me when I started. I feel a lot better knowing I was going up against people with experience.

And haha, sure JP, maybe I'll be a correspondent. Are they the ones who write the episodes or is there something else on the alumni pages? I think Frank mentioned somewhere something about a draft? Is there a whole thing in the alumni section all about this season? I hope there's a lot of material, I'm looking forward to reading it :)

The other co hosts kind of sucked, but I did an episode by episode recap where I basically gave my opinions on what happened and did a run down of each person and their impact on the episode (if any) in blogs. We really really need someone who is willing to write episodes. I'm open to however you'd like to write them, if they're like the ones where you copy/paste actual text from private messages, or just a summary storytelling style, whatever... but if you're passionate about writing and want to write a season then fuck man we need that!!! haha.
Jeff Probst

Postby Jeff Probst » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:52:54 pm

I'll give you a quick tease/exerpt from my blog on Day 1 since it doesn't really reveal anything and pertains to the conversation we're having now ironically!!!

Keep in mind this was before I did the episode by episode format so it's really just a quick commentary whereas most of my blogs are lengthy rundowns of the state of the game and my views of each character/storyline that's going on:

Jeff Probst wrote:DAY 1

So far I've been far more intrigued with Ovambo. My favorite thing about Stranded that I strive for and I think that separates it from other series is the interaction of new players to ORGs and seasoned vets. We are getting to see that first hand with Kristina/Ralph and Matt. In any other game Matt wouldve been pegged as a known troll and probably thought to be hilarious and entertaining. But to people who are completely green to ORGs he's annoying, and they don't understand him. Which is so much more entertaining and makes his trolling 1000x more effective.

I'm loving Kristina and Ralph's interactions. Ralph's such a loveable goof and Kristina is a try hard n00b who thinks seh's a mastermind but is so loveably naive it's hilarious. They remind me so much of Matt and Butch from the amazon. Blind leading the blind? Hilarious! To boot they have amazing grade A personalities. I just hope they don't become a savvy player's sheep and float their way through the game. Who will be the Rob and take advantage of that? IF we remember though Matt got the better of Rob in the end. Could we see the same thing here? Something tells me there's more going on than just a newbie floater thing and the further they get in the game the more they will learn and the more dangerous they will become.
Jeff Probst

Postby Cochran » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:59:36 pm

Grant wrote:Oooo, I thought I was just a little puppy in a group of little puppies. I had no idea I was playing with grizzled vets like yourself. I don't feel so bad for being duped so easily anymore :)

Well this was my first time also Grant so you weren't alone
Cochran
Alumni

Postby Cochran » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:00:22 pm

Jeff Probst wrote:I'll give you a quick tease/exerpt from my blog on Day 1 since it doesn't really reveal anything and pertains to the conversation we're having now ironically!!!

Keep in mind this was before I did the episode by episode format so it's really just a quick commentary whereas most of my blogs are lengthy rundowns of the state of the game and my views of each character/storyline that's going on:

Jeff Probst wrote:DAY 1

So far I've been far more intrigued with Ovambo. My favorite thing about Stranded that I strive for and I think that separates it from other series is the interaction of new players to ORGs and seasoned vets. We are getting to see that first hand with Kristina/Ralph and Matt. In any other game Matt wouldve been pegged as a known troll and probably thought to be hilarious and entertaining. But to people who are completely green to ORGs he's annoying, and they don't understand him. Which is so much more entertaining and makes his trolling 1000x more effective.

I'm loving Kristina and Ralph's interactions. Ralph's such a loveable goof and Kristina is a try hard n00b who thinks seh's a mastermind but is so loveably naive it's hilarious. They remind me so much of Matt and Butch from the amazon. Blind leading the blind? Hilarious! To boot they have amazing grade A personalities. I just hope they don't become a savvy player's sheep and float their way through the game. Who will be the Rob and take advantage of that? IF we remember though Matt got the better of Rob in the end. Could we see the same thing here? Something tells me there's more going on than just a newbie floater thing and the further they get in the game the more they will learn and the more dangerous they will become.

Jeff, do we have access to your blog when the season is over??
Cochran
Alumni

PreviousNext

Return to Ponderosa