Welcome, Kristina!

Re: Welcome, Kristina!

Postby Grant » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:10:47 pm

Right there with you on that one Ralph.

I think Julie could become more deserving if she makes the flip here and votes out Ashley/Sophie, at least we will know she is playing the game for herself. If she just follows along with that 4, and they make it, then Ashley deserves it 1000x more than any of the other 3.
Grant
Alumni

Postby Cochran » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:31:09 pm

Grant wrote:Right there with you on that one Ralph.

I think Julie could become more deserving if she makes the flip here and votes out Ashley/Sophie, at least we will know she is playing the game for herself. If she just follows along with that 4, and they make it, then Ashley deserves it 1000x more than any of the other 3.

Do you guys think sophie is going to try and take out ashley at some point??

Or do you think she thinks she's doing a better job and can possibly beat her
Cochran
Alumni

Postby Grant » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:40:41 pm

I honestly don't see what Sophie is doing that is all that deserving to win up to this point. If she turns on Ashley, that would be a move but would it be enough of a move? I don't think so. If Sophie goes to the finals with Ashley, I think Ashley played a significantly better game. I think this is Ashley's game to lose.

I really just don't see what Sophie is doing that Whitney/Julie aren't. In my eyes, she effectively grabbed hold of Ashley's coattails and is going to ride it out so that, for the first time in this game, (I guess post-merge, anyway) she is in a position of power, but the exact same case can be made for Whitney and Julie. Ashley's making the moves, the other three are just "ok great plan Ashley!". Unless one of the three of them makes a move on Ashley, they are effectively equal with a slight edge to Sophie for competition prowess? though, I think Julie has a lot of potential "gameplay points" that she can earn in these coming votes, probably more than anyone else. I'm wondering if the people in the game are seeing Ashley as a threat or not because she came in the game late, and they are not privy to the knowledge of Ashley's game of how she fooled me and Kristina. I think if they are and leave her in, they are so horribly mistaken that I expect Ashley to wipe the floor with them in the finale - anyone, whoever is left. I have my own rankings for who I think deserves it more (but I'm not sure we're allowed to say) but to me Ashley is at the top by a very large margin.

I think if Sophie goes to the finals with Julie and Whitney, I don't think it will be as easy for Sophie to take it as I thought a few days ago, and that is with who just a few days ago we thought were obvious goats - not good.

That's just my opinion, of course. What do y'all think?
Grant
Alumni

Postby Ralph » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:32:48 am

Grant wrote:I honestly don't see what Sophie is doing that is all that deserving to win up to this point. If she turns on Ashley, that would be a move but would it be enough of a move? I don't think so. If Sophie goes to the finals with Ashley, I think Ashley played a significantly better game. I think this is Ashley's game to lose.

I really just don't see what Sophie is doing that Whitney/Julie aren't. In my eyes, she effectively grabbed hold of Ashley's coattails and is going to ride it out so that, for the first time in this game, (I guess post-merge, anyway) she is in a position of power, but the exact same case can be made for Whitney and Julie. Ashley's making the moves, the other three are just "ok great plan Ashley!". Unless one of the three of them makes a move on Ashley, they are effectively equal with a slight edge to Sophie for competition prowess? though, I think Julie has a lot of potential "gameplay points" that she can earn in these coming votes, probably more than anyone else. I'm wondering if the people in the game are seeing Ashley as a threat or not because she came in the game late, and they are not privy to the knowledge of Ashley's game of how she fooled me and Kristina. I think if they are and leave her in, they are so horribly mistaken that I expect Ashley to wipe the floor with them in the finale - anyone, whoever is left. I have my own rankings for who I think deserves it more (but I'm not sure we're allowed to say) but to me Ashley is at the top by a very large margin.

I think if Sophie goes to the finals with Julie and Whitney, I don't think it will be as easy for Sophie to take it as I thought a few days ago, and that is with who just a few days ago we thought were obvious goats - not good.

That's just my opinion, of course. What do y'all think?

I 100% agree!
Ashley has been playing really well and she isn't on anyone bad side.
At least not in my books.
I Love her 100 times more than everyone out there
and shes actually been playing the game
So Heres hoping to Ashley.
Ralph
Alumni

Postby Kristina » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:33:52 am

I would agree with everything you said, but do keep in mind what I mentioned in my post about how my boot went down. Ashley is starting to really slip on her social game. She starting to get very cocky and throwing stuff in people's face. Not just to me but others as well. She's been passive aggressively, in the least, and straight bullying, at most, in private messages to pretty much everyone left the game not in her alliance. There were points where she was downright rude to Mike and myself.

Now, don't misconstrue this, I still think she is playing the best game up into this point; but if she continues down this path her ego might get the best of her and she might lose the number one contender spot.

To give you a comparison, she's being just about as rude to me and Mike as Sophie was being to you Grant before you were gone. Not as bad, but getting there.
Kristina
Alumni

Postby Grant » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:42:31 pm

Sure, I totally hear what you're saying Kristina. My whole point of that was not to continue to put Ashley on some sort of pedestal (though it does seem that way) but rather that I believe that 90-95% of the credit for the moves and maneuvering should go to Ashley, in my opinion, and I just don't see a body of work next to Sophie's name. A big mouth, yes, a whole lot of talk, yes, but the evidence to back that up is lacking, much like is the case with Julie and Whitney. Is using an idol when you don't actually need it on someone else really that big of a move? Especially when I'm sure Ashley told her to, with Ashley's saying in TC "this is my plan but you might go down for it" and Sophie agreeing.

I may be wrong about Sophie. I'd be more than happy to hear someone try to defend her and try to present an argument on her behalf but I just don't see it being that much better of a resume than Julie and Whitney. I'm curious to see what she will try to say if she makes it to the end because I feel like she will rely on talking a big game (as was always the case with her) with very little tangible evidence to back it up.
Grant
Alumni

Postby Kristina » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:27:31 am

i agree. as of right now, at this moment in the game, from what we as the jury collectively know and can see, i would have to say that ashley is playing the best game too. again, that's only based on what the five of us collectively have pieced together. clearly though there is still plenty of time for things to change. people can still make moves, but we'll see.
Kristina
Alumni

Postby Sophie » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:37:23 pm

This thread is disgusting to me since it is riddled with bitterness and speculation, but I'll stop in and say it sucked to see you go from something as stupid as a vote flop. I was thrilled of course, but when I attacked you for how you acted after we got rid of the head of your alliance you seemed too defensive and so of course I didn't believe you. If you really didn't know, then I apologize.
Sophie
Alumni

Postby Ralph » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:06:01 pm

Sophie wrote:This thread is disgusting to me since it is riddled with bitterness and speculation, but I'll stop in and say it sucked to see you go from something as stupid as a vote flop. I was thrilled of course, but when I attacked you for how you acted after we got rid of the head of your alliance you seemed too defensive and so of course I didn't believe you. If you really didn't know, then I apologize.

yea TBH i wasn't very bitter towards you
I more or less just wanted to talk about stuff
I was planning on voting for you if you made it to FTC
Ralph
Alumni

Postby Ralph » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:07:52 pm

Sophie wrote:This thread is disgusting to me since it is riddled with bitterness and speculation, but I'll stop in and say it sucked to see you go from something as stupid as a vote flop. I was thrilled of course, but when I attacked you for how you acted after we got rid of the head of your alliance you seemed too defensive and so of course I didn't believe you. If you really didn't know, then I apologize.

and once again rereading everything
sorry
mainly did that for selfish reasons
hope ya can forgive me friendo

Ralph
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:20:23 am

Kristina wrote:ashley was flat out harsh and calling my a liar, and bullying me into flipping. she's doing what i was doing four days previous, getting cocky about her accomplishments and throwing her weight around. and i wasn't the only one who noticed. mike, david, steph and i quickly got together and instantly realized it was time to draw rocks. although they, and mainly ashley was being a jerk to all of us and threatening us

Wat?

I was really on the fence about believing you, Kristina but you were SUPER defensive and aggressive about that vote. The "bye bye" comment - you have to realise it looks REALLY bad for you, especially since there was no implied tone. It came across as cocky.

I did some digging to find out if you knew about the vote split and I kept hearing that you didn't, but then you kept saying stuff like "If I'd really wanted to screw you over I would've voted Sophie!" <--- how would you have voted Sophie if you didn't even know there was a move?

You said I should've told you and that you would have voted for us, but Mike told me you guys all assumed I'd flip anyway and it just all seemed really awkward and insincere :(

I don't remember being an asshole to everyone in PMs though? Mike never replied to me ever. I would PM him about something or other and get a reply like 2 days later about something else. With you, I tried my hardest to trust you, but I couldn't in the end and I felt I should at least be honest with you about it. You gave just as much attitude as you got though - it's not like I was just shit-talking you and that was that. I even said I was voting for you because you were a huge threat to me.
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Kristina » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:31:17 pm

i've said it before, i'll say it again, as simply as i feel i possibly can:

i had no idea anyone, from either side, was flipping. i thought whitney was gone. i wanted to work with sophie and ashley to get rid of ovambo until the very end because they would've been too threatening.

in summary, that's it. it's up for you guys to believe me or not. tired of saying the same thing over and over.

and i'm sorry you feel that i'm full of 'bitterness'. i said on several occasions that you guys made great moves and you two were my front-runners to get my vote if you made it to the end. i thought you played a great game. sorry you seem to not like me so much anymore soph. thank you ashley for explaining your side. i can see how the 'bye bye' can be viewed the way you thought i was saying it in hindsight. i should've clarified on the spot. oh well. and i thank you for considering me a threat. i take it as a compliment that you two wanted to get grant and i out of there as soon as you did.
Kristina
Alumni

Postby Ashley » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:01:17 pm

Kristina, girl you're awesome <3 Pretty much right into the merge I thought you were a thread and knew going to the end with you would be a mistake. You seemed like HBIC at Ovambo. I never held any real ill will towards you - whether you knew or not didn't really matter in the end. I was going to try and get rid of you - but at that point we were scouting out potential flippers for that next vote, and you were being aggressively defensive so we just had to shut it down. I personally wouldn't have minded if you were going to flip with us, but I saw you as causing huge problems for me with that whole situation because you weren't willing to cooperate :P

In my confessionals I was like "ARGHHH I knew we should've blindsided Kristina! Damn you Sophieeeeeeee! She's causing too many problems!!!" lol <3 Credit to you girl.

I can say more after cast reveal, but in my last game I got blindsided by most of my tribe in an awful way. I went ballistic and got a reputation (undeserved, in my opinion, but whatevs) for being a bitter bitch on the jury. After the game was over, I'm buds with pretty much all of them - except one - we both still shit talk each other incessantly, but I'm the goddess so screw them :P After cast reveal, we'll all be cool :) I'll spend my life telling the world about how I was ROBBED - ROBBED I TELL YOU!!!! in Namibia, and you will all roll your eyes at me fondly ^_^. It'll be awesome. <3
Ashley
Alumni

Postby Sophie » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:10:52 pm

Kristina I never said I didn't like you at all girl, in fact it is quite the opposite. I just felt like you didn't even pay attention to me in the round that you went home at, and so I think I just got turned off by that.
Sophie
Alumni

Postby Kristina » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:11:18 pm

i love you both <3
Kristina
Alumni

Previous

Return to Ponderosa