Final Tribal Council

WINNER | |6-1-1 | Slayer of Hopes and Dreams

Final Tribal Council

Postby Stephanie » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:13:23 am

Hi everyone! <3 Stephanie here.

First of all, I would like to acknowledge the hosting team for their efforts these past four weeks. Of course, also, all of you on the jury. Each and every one of you have made this journey an enjoyable experience for me. No matter if I was on the same side as you or not, I have nothing but good things to say about you, and it has truly been a pleasure.

Coming into this game, I knew I could rely on my social, strategic and challenge abilities. These are my strengths, and I used them to my advantage. The pre-merge on Ovambo, we obviously were a dominant force. Undefeated at challenges! I gave everything I had for that tribe, and I think everyone would agree I was a key factor to our success. In particular, the last challenge before the merge, where I edged out Sophie in the Balance Beam challenge, to ensure that Ovambo merged with numbers. Strategically, I was positioned well within the Ovambo core. I was socially charming with everyone, had a working relationship with everyone, so I would have several options to work with down the road. This was proven later in the merge, when I was voted at the top of the boot list, because the majority of people from Ovambo had me in their end game plans. In particular, I aligned myself with Grant and Kristina, who were my two closest allies in the game. This was out of connecting with them on a personal level, but also strategically. I knew they were big time gamers, and they could almost act like my "shields" due to them being perceived as bigger threats. I felt as long as those two were in the game with me, if anything was to go awry, people would come after them, before they came after me.

Once the merge hit, I definitely was more of a low-key player. I made sure people would underestimate me, and made sure people saw bigger threats on both ends. Obviously Grant/Kristina from Ovambo, but also Sophie/Papa Bear from Nama. For the most part, I wasn't even on anyone's radar. I knew Ovambo had the numbers, so initially stuck to that, and unfortunately, Cochran/Papa Bear took the fall. Ralph was someone I always considered myself close with, but he was unpredictable and a firecracker, especially after pulling out his idol at the previous vote. So we turned on him, but he did try and take me out that vote also. The next round, the game took a huge turn. I have to give credit to the Nama girls and Julie, they took me by surprise! Grant was blindsided, and after I was willing to go to rocks for Kristina, David flipped and suddenly I was in a tricky position. However, my strategy of having Grant/Kristina as my "shields" paid off, because like I expected, if anything was to go awry in our alliance, those two would be targeted over me, for being perceived as bigger threats. This gave me time to recuperate and put together a new game plan, with my two closest allies now gone.

The Final 7 round, I have to acknowledge, Mike, David and I got extremely lucky. The Nama girls and Julie had the numbers to go to the end together, however with Whitney not voting, it was a tie, and she went out on rocks. I would like to think I still could've made it to the end, after all, I was immune from the Final 7 onwards with the idols and challenge wins, but for sure, it worked in my favor. That being said, it's a shame it played out like that, and I know how frustrating it must be to lose the numbers advantage due to something not in your control. My biggest move of the game came at Final 6. I held all the power, having won the individual immunity challenge, and having found my second Hidden Immunity Idol in a row. With David back on our side, I gave my individual immunity to Mike, played my Hidden Immunity Idol on myself, and David was also immune, due to getting the votes. So I single handedly ensured that me, Mike and David came out of that vote with the 3-2 numbers advantage, to take us to the end. Julie was eliminated with the rock draw, and from there I won the next two immunities, and we were able to eliminate Sophie and Ashley, who were two huge threats to win the game.

With all due respect to Mike and David, I don't think they can point out anything that they hold over me, to why they should win this game. I feel I handled everyone better socially, and strategically had more options than they ever did. With our alliance, I often felt it was me who pulled through, be it finding the idols, and winning the challenges, to protect our numbers and ensure we remained in control. That Final Immunity Challenge in particular, Ashley and I counted for over TEN HOURS virtually non stop. I know she can attest to what we were going through in that, it was brutal. Together we broke the all time Stranded record for that challenge. But the boys send me messages saying they were done and it's up to me to beat Ashley to ensure our Final 3, and it was on me to pull through, and I did. I don't think anyone can question my desire to win this game.

I know how badly some of you want to be in my position tonight. Let it be known, that I gave this game everything I had. I was pushed to the limit by all of you, and if you value someone who worked hard to get into this position, and appreciate someone who takes the game as seriously as I did, I think I am a worthy candidate to receive your votes. I won three individual immunities in a row to make the Final 3, including a ten hour counting challenge. I found and played two Hidden Immunity Idols, helping my alliance finally gain the numbers advantage to make it to the end. I was always playing for the win, and was never going to settle for anything less. I think these are all qualities of a deserving winner, and I trust as a jury, you're able to acknowledge that. Good luck with your decision tonight! Please ask any questions and I'll answer them to the best of my ability. No matter what happens, I'll leave this game with fond memories and remember all the fun and craziness we've shared together.
Stephanie
Alumni

Return to Stephanie