Episode 08

RUNNER UP | |6-1-1 | 100% Turd

Episode 08

Postby Jeff Probst » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:11:18 pm

So wow, what a fucking night! This game just got kicked into overdrive. First there's a ranking floating out there that either should make you nervous because you aren't towards the top, or nervous because you are too far towards the top and therefore will probably be kicked down a notch. What were your thoughts on the challenge and the cluster fuck of a vote afterwards?
Jeff Probst

Re: Episode 08

Postby Mike » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:18:47 pm

Jeff Probst wrote:So wow, what a fucking night! This game just got kicked into overdrive. First there's a ranking floating out there that either should make you nervous because you aren't towards the top, or nervous because you are too far towards the top and therefore will probably be kicked down a notch. What were your thoughts on the challenge and the cluster fuck of a vote afterwards?

I actually prefer to be in the middle-topish. Middle is alright as well. Means I wasn't ranked an impending target for the next few votes but also means I'm not a target for being too safe. I thought the challenge was a bit lame :/ I know the questions and ranking was designed to make people think but I feel like it's giving too many hints to the goats and people who are going to be voted next. In any case that doesn't affect me much except I was worried I was not doing enough in this game and that pretty much confirms it since I'm not a target, and I've been kind of tagging along in votes to whatever's suggested to me since it fits my own needs (but that also kind of makes me a goat...) and since I heavily denied the fact that I was kingpin of Ovambo that makes my jury situation even more precarious.

The vote was good since I wanted PB out instead of Sophie.
Mike
Alumni

Postby Jeff Probst » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:52:30 pm

So, the question for you is that two of your four Ovambo alliance members were prominent in that ranking for good reasons:

Grant and Stephanie were both #'s 1 and 2. Grant was answered three times: Most honest, biggest threat to win the game, and most honest player. Stephanie was answered for biggest threat to win everything as well.

In the over all ranking you were 6th which is right in the middle of the pack, lowest after only David and Ralph of the Ovambos.

Does any of this make you worried at all? Are you concerned that going to the end with your alliance will leave you overshaddowed by them>
Jeff Probst

Postby Mike » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:57:00 pm

Jeff Probst wrote:So, the question for you is that two of your four Ovambo alliance members were prominent in that ranking for good reasons:

Grant and Stephanie were both #'s 1 and 2. Grant was answered three times: Most honest, biggest threat to win the game, and most honest player. Stephanie was answered for biggest threat to win everything as well.

In the over all ranking you were 6th which is right in the middle of the pack, lowest after only David and Ralph of the Ovambos.

Does any of this make you worried at all? Are you concerned that going to the end with your alliance will leave you overshaddowed by them>

Most honest doesn't surprise me since 3/4 of our alliance members were in that challenge, and the only Nama player was Sophie.
Biggest threat to win the game was us too. (The alliance)
Most honest player was also us. :P

I don't mind the overall ranking for boot order too, because I was a target the first tribal of the merge. It's better than being close to the bottom. Stephanie/Grant were ranked high since they're mostly on good terms with everybody. Which means I need to start talking to more people...

Yes I'm 100% worried I'm getting overshadowed like I said in the last thread. I haven't been making things happening independently, only when people suggest them to me. ;-; and that's definitely bad for my jury argument like I said. What to do, what to do...
Mike
Alumni

Postby Jeff Probst » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:05:01 pm

Have you explored any alternate routes to the finals that might also result in a win for you?
Jeff Probst

Postby Jeff Probst » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:05:01 pm

Have you explored any alternate routes to the finals that might also result in a win for you?
Jeff Probst

Postby Mike » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:44:22 am

Yea, I'm thinking about it. I'm just concerned flipping on the alliance of 4 I created is not going to look good to the jury, or to them. So a few of my choices:
1) become the de-facto leader and hopefully ride the alliance to the end
2) flip and take out who I think will beat me in the end
3) wait for an inevitable blindside without doing too much myself, which will hopefully be aimed at the bigger targets.

#3 sucks since I have no control over it and it might not even happen. #1 might be a bit difficult but if I just talk with people more I can *probably* secure more votes. #2 is dangerous since people won't like it if I'm flipping on everybody all the time.

Need to think about it for sure.
Mike
Alumni

Postby Mike » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:43:31 pm

Glad to see Potatalph's crummy behind booted out of this game. Seeya.

I think I'm going to try and hit F3 with David and Julie. I can't go to the end with Grant or Stephanie anymore. The vote will be a lot closer than I want to risk. It does mean flipping on them eventually but I'll have to take that chance that I still will get the votes in the end. Better to make moves and not win the jury case rather than leech my way to FTC.
Mike
Alumni

Return to Mike