Episode 07

RUNNER UP | |6-1-1 | 100% Turd

Episode 07

Postby Brenda » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:56:09 pm

Gurrrrrrrrrrrrl!

Catch me up! (No really, I just missed a full week). Are we looking into a Pagonging here? And if so, is that even good for you? Are you top of the pile of Ovambo? Do you trust the rest Ovambo to feel the same?

Who in Nama would you most like to see stick around?

What thought on idols and that kind of thing?
Brenda

Re: Episode 07

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:00:56 pm

Brenda wrote:Gurrrrrrrrrrrrl!

Catch me up! (No really, I just missed a full week). Are we looking into a Pagonging here? And if so, is that even good for you? Are you top of the pile of Ovambo? Do you trust the rest Ovambo to feel the same?

Who in Nama would you most like to see stick around?

What thought on idols and that kind of thing?

Brenda!!!!!!

Pagonging - yes
Is it good - yes, I have a F4 alliance at the moment so after Pagonging we *should* have majority, but I'll keep my eyes open.
On top of the pile - at the moment, yes.
Do I trust the rest of them - yes. Julie obviously doesn't want to vote me. I highly doubt either Grant or Stephanie want to either, or David. So that should set me for awhile.

In Nama - Papa Bear because he 100% doesn't have the idol, and he's kind of a dunce.

Idols - Sophie/Whitney has one (probably) and Ralph/Julie has the other, in that order. That's what I'm guessing, anyway.
Mike
Alumni

Postby Brenda » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:32:41 pm

k, Imma need more deets than just "F4".

Who is in this F4? Can you beat them all at the end?
Brenda

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:38:15 pm

Brenda wrote:k, Imma need more deets than just "F4".

Who is in this F4? Can you beat them all at the end?

Grill me as much as you want :3

F4 - David/Ashley (hopefully David), I, Stephanie, Grant.

I can beat David/Ashley easily. Grant, probably. Stephanie, probably. A lot of Nama hates Grant, and someone from Ovambo flipped on me tonight and basically said I'm the kingpin of Ovambo. So I *should* be set assuming my alliance stays true to me and people keep circulating these rumors icon_rolleyes though I have to be careful too, don't want to be too cocky about it yet, especially seeing as how close the vote was tonight.
Mike
Alumni

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:31:52 am

I sent this to Grant but this is what I think regarding this situation.

My guess as to what happened:

Nama thought they could outvote us 7:5 (Kristina, Ralph, Ashley, Cochran, Papa Bear, Sophie, Whitney). So Ralph didn't leak the vote was for Cochran since he thought they would outvote and didn't need to use an idol. He's probably messaging Kristina or Julie and asking them to flip with him because of this. However, Kristina/Julie voted with us and Ashley didn't vote which caused us to win the vote 6:5 instead. Thus resulting in Cochran's blindside and his irritation at Papa Bear, since Papa Bear expected me to get voted out tonight.

The fact remains that Ralph almost certainly flipped on us, and he also almost certainly has the idol. He's dangerous and we need to vote him soon. On Nama, either Sophie or Whitney has the idol, probably Sophie. I don't want to reveal this to Kristina just yet but I'll update our 4 on this.

In fact, the more I think about it the more I am certain this is true. It explains why some Nama members were super surprised at the vote, why Papa Bear sent me a troll message right before tribal basically laughing in my face, and a lot of other things.
Mike
Alumni

Postby Jeff Probst » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:46:46 am

So Mike, if things were to go your way and your ovambo alliance ended up in the final 4, do you think you could win against any of them? Have you entertained the possibility of working with Nama?
Jeff Probst

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:12:00 pm

I can certainly win against David. I can probably win against Grant and Stephanie as of now but I'll work to make it more comfortable for me. As of now I doubt Nama will want to vote for Grant, but seeing as how I was just called the "kingpin" of Ovambo I *should* be in the best spot for our final 4 in regards to FTC.

I've thought about working with Nama but it'd be a bad decision. Flipping on my 4 especially after organizing our 4 in the first place would not make them happy, and it wouldn't make any of the original Ovambo members happy either. If I have to in order to save myself, though, I definitely will, but I just don't see that happening... yet.
Mike
Alumni

Postby Jeff Probst » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:44:51 pm

So you're hoping to get to the final 3 and make the case to the jury that you were the most loyal player and thats why you should get their votes? If everyone remains loyal and goes to the end together, usually teh most strategic wins, or the person who is perceived to be that. Are you planning on not making moves at all in the game?
Jeff Probst

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:53:51 pm

Jeff Probst wrote:So you're hoping to get to the final 3 and make the case to the jury that you were the most loyal player and thats why you should get their votes? If everyone remains loyal and goes to the end together, usually teh most strategic wins, or the person who is perceived to be that. Are you planning on not making moves at all in the game?

You must be disappointed with me to say this ;-;

I honestly am REALLY nervous now after talking to Grant more. I was too confident in our 4 and I just don't see it going that way anymore. It's obvious Ralph wants to take me out. It's also obvious the rest of Nama wants to take me out. I'm currently the #1 target in Himba and that's terrible for me (but it also means if I make it to FTC I will have the best case since I'm not only perceived to be the kingpin, but I was also targeted from the first day of the merge).

What you said was what I WANTED to do since I thought it was the safest method (Pagong, eliminate the people not in my alliance, then win FTC since I'm already perceived as the leader), but it's not going to happen anymore. There's too many things that can go wrong. The time for straightforward votes has likely come to an end - it's time for me to start bluffing.
Mike
Alumni

Postby Jeff Probst » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:56:15 pm

If Nama is continuing to shout your name as the kingpin, does that make you worried about there being a potential target on your back from your fellow ovambo members? How would you combat that?

Do you think Nama would turn you down if you tried to work with them, or simply lie to you?
Jeff Probst

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:04:20 pm

Jeff Probst wrote:If Nama is continuing to shout your name as the kingpin, does that make you worried about there being a potential target on your back from your fellow ovambo members? How would you combat that?

Do you think Nama would turn you down if you tried to work with them, or simply lie to you?

It's not potential. It's already there. It's clear as day Ralph is targeting me. I'm also worried Kristina or Stephanie might flip on me as well.

I'm was trying to play innocent but it's not going to work. I was already 1 vote from getting eliminated... I have to start dictating the votes and always making somebody more dangerous to get voted out than I am. I need to work with Papa Bear now among other things. Grant is the #1 person who can help me right now since I am his biggest ally (and vice versa) and certainly he won't want to vote me since I can be a huge asset to him later on. I'm thinking of bluffing to Papa Bear we know the role is Ralph and allying ourselves with him? I have to think about it today. I'll let you know what my "master plan" is, so to speak, once it's ready. Right now though, things are still up in the air.
Mike
Alumni

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:04:58 pm

Nama has offered to work with me so I'll definitely use that to my advantage.
Mike
Alumni

Postby Jeff Probst » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:29:52 pm

That's the Mike we all know and love <3 icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol
Jeff Probst

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:34:10 pm

Regardless of what happens, except the next week to be almost solely blindsides (hopefully none of them are me)
Mike
Alumni

Postby Jeff Probst » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:35:59 pm

You know what they say... if you aren't doing the blindsiding, you're probably getting blindsided.
Jeff Probst

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:59:47 pm

Brenda wrote:Gurrrrrrrrrrrrl!

Wait.

Why does everybody think I'm gay?

(._____. )a
Mike
Alumni

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:33:14 pm

Let me rage just a bit.

Ralph is one of the stupidest, awful, lowlife-est players I have ever seen and nothing would give me more pleasure than booting his sorry ass out of this game with heavily spiked cleats. Looking forward to seeing his face when he (hopefully) gets blindsided. Even if he makes it to the end (not a chance), he's NOT going to win. He's just flat out terrible at this game.
Mike
Alumni

Postby Jeff Probst » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:11:16 pm

It looks like you're sharing everything you spoke to Papa Bear about to Grant. Why talk to Papa Bear if you think he's untrustworthy?
Jeff Probst

Postby Mike » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:23:16 pm

Jeff Probst wrote:It looks like you're sharing everything you spoke to Papa Bear about to Grant. Why talk to Papa Bear if you think he's untrustworthy?

Couple reasons.

Papa Bear is struggling right now. He's in a bad spot and he knows it so he's trying to do whatever he can to get people to work with him. The more information I can pull from him, the better. It doesn't matter if somebody is untrustworthy to me - I firmly believe that if it's in their best interest, they will vote with you, regardless of whether or not they are trustworthy or untrustworthy. It especially applies to Papa Bear since he isn't the kind of guy who votes with his friends. He wants to win and he makes it obvious.

I hope that sentence doesn't come back to bite me later on.

I don't want Grant to panic, either, and mess up our plans. I'm trying to convince him we should take our time because, well... we DO have a lot of time. 50 more hours. I'm still trying to weigh our options, guessing what everybody else is talking about, who they want to vote, who is most likely to side with us... it's going to take some time. But rushing when we don't need to be rushing is not a good plan.
Mike
Alumni

Postby Jeff Probst » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:42:37 pm

So catch me up since we last spoke, plans have been changing, now it looks like Kristina is involved, what's the hell is going on!
Jeff Probst

Next

Return to Mike