Episode 08

4th Juror| 9th Place | Voted Out 4-3-2(negated) in Episode 09.

Episode 08

Postby Jeff Probst » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:10:48 pm

So wow, what a fucking night! This game just got kicked into overdrive. First there's a ranking floating out there that either should make you nervous because you aren't towards the top, or nervous because you are too far towards the top and therefore will probably be kicked down a notch. What were your thoughts on the challenge and the cluster fuck of a vote afterwards?
Jeff Probst

Re: Episode 08

Postby Grant » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:41:16 pm

Well, I will admit, I completely expected my name to come up when it did. I was trying to be modest with my vote and I honestly didn't want to win it, jeez. Glad to see I came up for most honest, though, two thumbs up to that. I totally knew it was coming though as soon as I saw what the challenge was, I wrote that confessional calling out that it was going to blow my spot.

I'm a little annoyed that two people were allowed to win immunity. If it was only one, I would have won (tied Sophie for furthest away + higher in the ranks) and Sophie would have gone home (or used her idol and PB would have gone home anyway) and my plan would have been hugely successful, knocking out both idols and a good player in this game. Unfortunately it only knocked out one idol but a solid player in this game (GG PB).

I am worried, yeah. People will probably be keeping an extra eye on me now at all times. Sophie's going to stick my name under her truck and roll it through the mud as much as humanly possible, so I expect to get some heat. But hey, I've yet to be on the losing end of a challenge. Am I the Namibia Tom Westman? Not only have I never lost a challenge, I've never gotten a vote wrong. But no, I'm not getting arrogant, there's still a lot of game left to play, 7 more people to go before the finale. I have my core-4 alliance and I have Julie, so I think I have 5 votes. I think Kristina is a big threat to me. She's very smart and very influential on Ralph and she has an 'in' with Ashley. That makes her dangerous.

What is the smart thing for me to do here? I don't know. I'm thinking maybe Kristina because I think I am Ashley and Ralph's second after Kristina. I'm thinking Kristina then Sophie then Ralph then Whitney then Ashley then Steph then Mike (or David?) and a final 3 of myself, Julie and Mike/David. Pretty sure I'd win that. But as always, can't look too far ahead. At this point in the game, I do have to look 2-3 tribals down the road in addition to this one so I don't walk into a trap.

I don't know what to do tomorrow. As long as David/Mike have Sophie/Whitney in their back pockets, I shouldn't be too worried about the vote.

I was super surprised that neither PB nor Whitney even voted... Mike and David both voted Ralph with Sophie, so they can both now work with them (and hence, me).

PB and Whitney saved David and Mike's asses by not voting, now they can just pretend they didn't vote but DAMN, Ralph would've gone home if they did vote and Ralph didn't play the idol. At least he played his idol and that is now out of the game, my plan succeeded because it got Ralph's idol out and it got PB out of the game. I'll consider it a success. Only Mike did not vote as he was supposed to, not sure what he was thinking...

I'll probably go with whatever the core-4 wants to do this upcoming vote so it doesn't look like I'm so keen to call the shots, as long as it ain't me.
Grant
Alumni

Return to Grant