Kristina: Gaming her way into our hearts <3

Player-specific content here.

Kristina: Gaming her way into our hearts <3

Postby Brenda » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:43:20 pm

http://strandedgaming.com/namibia/images/avatars/gallery/Ovamba/Kristina.jpg
Kristina wrote:Take this opportunity to tell us anything about yourself that you would like us to know.
i'm a survivor fanatic. i've been watching since the australian outback. i have seen every season at least twice, some into the double digits. it is more than just a show for me, it is a passion. i used to be a summer camp counselor. i was an archery instructor for five years. all the time i would just pretend i was shooting against lex, matt, or yau man.and like my favorite book, ender's game, i love the manipulate of people. the human chess that takes place on a daily life that is hyperfocused on and amplified in this game. bottom line, the worst thing that could happen to stranded in namibia is me not being in it.

What personality types do you typically clash with?
indecisive people. drives me crazy. make up your damn mind. i also can't stand people who will try their best to be your best friend to your face but then immediately start trashing you behind your back the moment you're not by their side. people that will attack you as a persona as a means to get ahead. attack my merits, my accomplishments? fine, whatever. attack who i am as an individual? go f yourself.

Kristina is maybe *the* most eager player in the cast. This is the type of person that lives, breathes and sleeps Survivor. Has met RL Survivors, quit a job once to go on a casting call, that level of passion for the thing. My biggest worry for Kristina is that she might overplay early out of sheer enthusiasm. She is aware of this, as she is aware of a dozen other strategies :lol: Her mind seems to run at a mile per minute and could be quick to get emotional despite herself - her other danger is that this could be very easily manipulated by a calmer and more rational player. Can she win? Maybe. She'll need to catch a few lucky breaks along the way to allow for if, and when, she gets sloppy. OTOH, she should makes friends and allies very quickly and easily and that could be what pushes her from also-ran to solid contender. She is one of many first-time ORGers in the cast but maybe the one I'm most excited for - her own excitement is infectious and spills out of her app.
Brenda

Re: Kristina

Postby Jeff Probst » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:52:34 pm

Easily the most excited person to play this season despite not having applied very long. Contrast that to the person playing David who has applied twice now for Stranded. Kristina has been contacting me for about two weeks straight now everyday without fail. I love talking to her because Stranded is my passion, but it's become her passion as of late and as a host that's something you strive for so it's very rewarding when you have someone so genuinely excited to be apart of your game. I instantly thought of Kristina because she was kind of trainwrecky but a super enthusiastic n00b who was ready to take on Boston Rob. Kinda bungled the job out of sheer paranoia/antsyness, but was still the only person that season with balls enough to take him on. I see this Kristina being the same way and I hope she delivers. I also hope she doesn't end up the same as her television counterpart.
Jeff Probst

Postby Lurker_Rachel » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:54:27 pm

Really excited to see her play! Can't wait, she looks veeeeeeeeeeery promising!
Lurker_Rachel
Alumni

Postby Mia » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:30:13 am

<3

She should be great, but yeah, I can see her overplaying her hand really quick. OR, she might just flat out underplay. I've found that a lot of people have all this big talk that they're going to be strategic masterminds, and when they don't have the experience, they just get duped and stick with the same plan that won't get them the win and then it's just boring to watch. I hope she finds that middle ground!
Mia

Postby Jeff Probst » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:45:47 pm

Her app reminds me a lot of Kim P or Lindsey but wtihout the experience so I'm hoping her personality shines here. I can't remember a time someone was so excited to play, trying to think... Can't remember, but I do know that those people play their heart out for better or worse because they want it so badly that they become very paranoid and that is always a great combination.
Jeff Probst

Postby Gabriel » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:57:03 pm

Aw! This is adorable and I wish her the best. I think I find myself rooting for her because I was in the same sort of excited mindset that she was in when I was about to play Venezuela. I don't think I was as outward about it but I can definitely relate in that regard. I like her! I hope she goes far. <3
Gabriel
Alumni

Postby Jeff Probst » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:59:11 pm

Gabriel wrote:Aw! This is adorable and I wish her the best. I think I find myself rooting for her because I was in the same sort of excited mindset that she was in when I was about to play Venezuela. I don't think I was as outward about it but I can definitely relate in that regard. I like her! I hope she goes far. <3

YES you were definitely among the most excited about the game... I didn't realize it until you were IN the game though, Kristina has been obsessed outside of the game haha.
Jeff Probst

Postby Gabriel » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:07:00 pm

Jeff Probst wrote:
Gabriel wrote:Aw! This is adorable and I wish her the best. I think I find myself rooting for her because I was in the same sort of excited mindset that she was in when I was about to play Venezuela. I don't think I was as outward about it but I can definitely relate in that regard. I like her! I hope she goes far. <3

YES you were definitely among the most excited about the game... I didn't realize it until you were IN the game though, Kristina has been obsessed outside of the game haha.

Well I had no way of annoying you! I would just obsessively look at my emails to see if anything new had come up.

GOOOOOO KRISTINA icon_bananadance
Gabriel
Alumni

Postby Mia » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:42:52 pm

Jeff Probst wrote:Her app reminds me a lot of Kim P or Lindsey but wtihout the experience so I'm hoping her personality shines here. I can't remember a time someone was so excited to play, trying to think... Can't remember, but I do know that those people play their heart out for better or worse because they want it so badly that they become very paranoid and that is always a great combination.

Remember that time that you cast me for Costa Rica first and then made me wait for like 2 months before the damn thing finally started? icon_rolleyes Now THAT'S enthusiasm.
Mia

Postby Brenda » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:29:21 am

Okay, sneaked a peek at Ovambo's PMs. Official "first mention of the word alliance of the game" award goes to Kristina & Ralph! Bonding over their love of gaming.
Brenda

Postby General » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:51:52 am

Xtina said that in the tribal Council
I am a semi pro video game player and a children's summer camp counselor.

We have the same summer job :D YAY. I luv Kristina so far! Probably my favorite on her tribe :D

loved her interview and her excitment :)
General
Alumni

Postby Mia » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:20:59 pm

General wrote:Xtina said that in the tribal Council

We have the same summer job :D YAY. I luv Kristina so far! Probably my favorite on her tribe :D

I have the same job too! icon_biggrin
Mia

Postby Jeff Probst » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:30:39 pm

Mia wrote:

Spoiler: show
Isn't she making this up though? lol
Jeff Probst

Re: Kristina: Gaming her way into our hearts <3

Postby Frank » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:42:56 pm

She's totally making shit up as she goes and it's amazing. I love her.
Frank

Re: Kristina: Gaming her way into our hearts <3

Postby Jeff Probst » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:44:04 pm

Frank wrote:She's totally making shit up as she goes and it's amazing. I love her.

Yea, I can totally see Kristina, Ralph, Papa Bear, and Matt being surprise break out stars here.
Jeff Probst

Postby General » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:07:30 pm

Mia wrote:

icon_wub icon_wub
General
Alumni

Postby Lurker_Rachel » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:35:57 pm

Mia wrote:

While I don't have a job, I just go on CBS shows and kick ass.
Lurker_Rachel
Alumni

Postby Kristina » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:48:03 am

was lying about being a semi-pro gamer. i'm a gamer, and i've been in tournys, but never to what i'd call a semi-pro level. i wasn't lying about being a camp counselor, that's 100% true.
Kristina
Alumni

Return to The Cast